Futaba FF6 with FrSky V8HT Hack

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Futaba FF6 with FrSky V8HT Hack

Postby Tempus Fugit » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:04 pm

I've sat on the fence ref. 2.4GHz preferring the devil I know at 35MHz, and because manufacturers seem not to supply Tx's with mechanical trims. Now I'm looking at converting my FF6 Tx's with the FrSky V8HT hacks, but I'm light on 2.4GHz knowledge.

I have a Newbie's question: What happens if I accidentally press the Bind button in flight? Should it be recessed?
Tempus Fugit

Re: Futaba FF6 with FrSky V8HT Hack

Postby Tempus Fugit » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:20 pm

I've just found the operating instructions online and found that the button is in fact for range-testing, so have answered my own question.
I'm left with another question, though. Does the unit allow me to bind other receivers at any time after turning the Tx off, so that all I have to do on my FF6 Tx is to select the correct model when changing models? i.e. the unit doesn't apply different binding addresses to the receivers as would be required to memorise different models.
Tempus Fugit

Postby Malcurin » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:11 pm

yes it does I myself have 3 bound to my transmitter, i do know people with 14 bound to one transmitter so you should be good there

:)
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Postby Tempus Fugit » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:18 pm

Many thanks, Malcurin. Just what I was hoping to hear.
Tempus Fugit

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks