#11 Keychain camera gets very hot

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

#11 Keychain camera gets very hot

Postby Denominator » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:03 pm

After seeing the #11 keychain camera on your youtube channel I ordered one from an seller listet in a forum post as selling the real deal.
The quality of the video is great, but it get almost to hot to handle. Not sure if it is the battery or the board that get hot, but I can't think it should be this way.

Anyone else have this problem? Do the all get hot more or less?
Denominator

Re: #11 Keychain camera gets very hot

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Mine gets rather warm/hot as well... I took it to video my grand-daughter in a school concert recently and put it back in my pocket without turning it off properly... That warmed my leg up...
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby Jolly-Swagman » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:58 pm

Yes I have heard some of the #11 keychain Cams do get hotter than others, one remedy I have seen done is to remove the case and dremel slots into the case for better air flow, so excess heat escapes easier
Jolly-Swagman

Postby Denominator » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Thank you guys so much :) A friend took it out for a flight on his AXN floater today, and it performed very well! It delivers some nice shots :)
At the end the AXN did a nose crash at full throttle, the camera survived without any damage. It was mounted to the nose ;)

After some time ;) You should see the video here : http://www.youtube.com/user/WinchesterWoodWorks
My channel is nothing compared to RCModelReviews and XJet, but we have alot of fun :)
Denominator

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks