AXN / Alibaba

If you didn't have to build it then you can talk about it here.

AXN / Alibaba

Postby chipsterflysome » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Has anyone had experience trying to purchase anything through Alibaba? Alibaba has Chinese companies listed that provide products They have AXN's (clouds fly) there but you must purchase 6 units. Anyone try this?
chipsterflysome

Re: AXN / Alibaba

Postby cynr100 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:47 pm

I have used Alibaba many times, actually I use AliExpress an offshoot. Just login and register to gain access, you can then purchase single units.
As with all things internet it can be a crapshoot when buying, so I only spend enough that I can afford to loose. I have only had 1 failed product, a U18 spy cam (US20).
I have looked at the AXN and it is too dear even without freight, HK is still the best.
My FlySky 9x came through Aliexpress from a vendor called Hobby King :!: :!: delivery free and in 5 days allup $92, no waiting for stock (impatience costs a little more).
Small parcels are cheap, when you get into plane size cartons the freight is more than the contents.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby chipsterflysome » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Thanks so much for your reply. I was hoping by buying 6 units I could save a little money. Oh Well. Back to HK.
chipsterflysome

Postby cynr100 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:03 pm

I just check my Aliexpress account and the cheapest AXN is US89.50 with freight from :? Hobby King Technologies.
Compare that to the barebones AXN from the Australian warehouse at US49.95 even the PNP at US64.37 plus 14.99 freight (I think).
:D
Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby RockinRobbins » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:13 pm

So you have to do a currency transfer to US dollars to purchase a Chinese plane in Australia or New Zealand? Please, say it isn't so!
RockinRobbins

Postby quarry44 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:20 pm

It is so!If you use a credit card,it's done automatically,but you still pay the equivalent price.
quarry44

Postby cynr100 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:37 pm

All things from Alibaba, AliExpress, DH gate etc are quoted in US$. Credit card only and no PayPal (bummer).
At some stage the conversion takes place (not sure where) and in Australia the banks charge a fee (2% for me) for the international transaction PLUS a fee on the conversion.
I try and stick with the Aus warehouse, the prices are quoted in AUD$.

Needless to say I take all this into account when I think I may have found a "bargain" 8-)

Dennis
cynr100

Postby CaronH » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:32 am

Online access for our personal accounts is easy and helpful. You can easily purchase things you want and pay it the way you want. Lending and Banking institution are now expanding their services and one of it is the Chase Corporation which will release soon the prepaid card bandwagon this summer. Source: MatchFinancial.com
CaronH

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:51 am

CaronH is a spammer
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Return to ARF and RTF Models