For xJet fans

Chew the fat on any non-RC subject. It's a free-for-all but common rules of decency do apply so act like adults and don't embarrass yourself by trolling or cuss'n.

For xJet fans

Postby Hal9000 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:57 am

Given the current debate over safety etc. MFNZ, CAA and SWDC should be choking over their tea with the antics in this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-_CZrJr ... re=g-all-u
Hal9000

Re: For xJet fans

Postby RockinRobbins » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:54 pm

What was that? Where was that? Is there any possible safety rule from any model airplane or model car club that they didn't break? Sure seems like that is from somewhere in the United States from the accent of the announcer. Surely does no credit to us Americans either! Utter chaos!

Next event: most spectacular crash into a human being. Time bonus for bloodshed.
RockinRobbins

Postby ergocentric » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:15 am

Announcing the 2012 Autonomous Vehicle Competition
by Emcee Grady | December 15, 2011

“AVC” is short for “Autonomous Vehicle Competition”, and this is our fourth time hosting this event. In the past, we've ran this as a spring-time event - leaving the vehicles susceptible to various types of inclement weather. So, by popular demand, we have moved the AVC to the sunny Colorado summer! That's right, on June 16th, 2012, AVC madness will descend on SparkFun headquarters. Read on for more details!
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby Hal9000 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:13 am

Sparkfun. An electronics hobbyist store.

Local supplier I use gets stuff from them, somehow without paying ridiculous freight charges.
Hal9000

Postby rogueqd » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:27 pm

I've bought stuff from Sparkfun. I'm going to buy more now I've seen that vid! :D
rogueqd

Postby Hal9000 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:32 pm

They seem to be a fun employer.

Staff have internal competitions using the stuff they sell. The annual day of madness as documented.

Pity I don't have a green card!
Hal9000

Postby RockinRobbins » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:25 pm

Seriously, running the cars into people may be unlikely to get anyone hurt, depending on the speeds. But a plane, with knife-edged prop spinning at 6k to 12k RPM with an electric motor that increases its torque with resistance of human flesh, something has to be done to keep these planes from flying over and into the people watching. Do a search on RC Groups or Wattflyer for people injured by propeller strikes from electric planes of just the same size as you have, and you'll be plenty afraid of what is guaranteed to eventually (probably sooner rather than later) happen as you are presently organized.

Fun and safety aren't mutually exclusive but they can be a bit quarrelsome! :D
RockinRobbins

Return to Non-RC