FlySky 9x tx

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

Re: FlySky 9x tx

Postby cynr100 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:05 am

My%20Spitfire.jpg
My%20Spitfire.jpg (33.74 KiB) Viewed 22611 times

Cut along the red line making sure the cut is always at 90 deg to the surface. The object here is to be able remove the canopy with sufficient foam still attached to embed some magnets.

Now you have destroyed the structural integrity of the body (much like a modern day car without its' windscreen), to replace the torsion strength glue some 3 ply panels (tongue depressers or paddle pop sticks should do if long enough) inside the fuselage as indicated by the green band. That way if you have a hard landing she's not going to fold in half on you.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby jchtr3a » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:14 pm

I agree. That's why I bought the AP. I'm going to need all the help I can get.
I figured using the fuselage panel lines would be best. I don't want to weaken the airframe, as from what I've seen on-line that area is the weak spot, and seems to take the most damage. I thought once I got in there I would add some strengtheners to help. Perhaps some carbon rods along the sides and bottom of the cavity.
I've got AXN Floater Jet as well. Thought I would begin on it, and then move up to the Spitfire. I will use the FY30A in it as well, just to get started. I am a big fan of Bruce Simpson, and take his advice. Haven't built the AXN yet, but I did gather all of Bruce's suggested components, and will follow his build videos once I begin.
I had delusions of grandeur with the Spitfire. Bought a set of really nice retracts to add at a later time, but have decided that the wing is probably not thick enough to house the gear when it's retracted. So I am going to try to sell them on EBAY. They have a 100 degree sweep, so they'd need a pretty special application. Also thought about flaps, and may yet do that at some point down the road.
Thanks--once I work up the nerve, I will begin the cutting.
jchtr3a

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:04 pm

I had delusions of grandeur with the Spitfire

Every boys dream!
If you aspire to something why not a spitfire!
Good luck.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby jchtr3a » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:17 pm

I've been saving up some popsicle sticks for just this reason. Also have some 1/32 plywood (sorry I don't know the mm's) , but it is very thin, very light, and still pretty strong. The canopy already fell off once right after I took the plane out of the box. It is really thin light plastic, and was glued in a few spots, but not very well. I "tacked" it back on but I knew I would have to address it more once I was ready to fly it. Also have some magnets ready as well. Unless there is a level platform inside the cockpit (hard to tell with my silly looking pilot sitting there) I was planning on using the plywood to build a small level and secure "seat" for the FY30A. It's close to the CG, only an inch or so back, so it ought to be a pretty good vibration-free spot. Also I ought to able to confirm the FY30A mode just by looking in the cockpit for the blue and red lights.
Thanks for the diagram---it always helps to see what you need to do.
jchtr3a

Postby cynr100 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:43 pm

BillGriffiths100 wrote:
I had delusions of grandeur with the Spitfire

Every boys dream!
If you aspire to something why not a spitfire!
Good luck.

And now you can.................. :D

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2012/0 ... -news.html
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby jchtr3a » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:56 pm

I flew RC when I was a kid and things were not so complicated. Actully flew real planes for Southern Jersey Airways, based in Atlantic City for a brief time. Had second seat on Twin Otters out of Bader Field in Atlantic city. Gave it up for a desk job for then Allegheny Airlines (Now USAirways). My Dad was a pilot for some years as well. Flew airmail routes out west here in the states (Utah, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico).
So I did live a dream for a short time. And yes I am aspiring to fly this Spitfire well. Although I think I might have a better shot at the Twin Otter. I was just the pilot, not the mechanic, avionics tech, and ground crew.
Thanks
jchtr3a

Postby jchtr3a » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:17 pm

Found the following on YOUTUBE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... tf9VoLI3Nw
Shows how to set up the FY30A on the 3 position switch on the 9X. He uses the Gear and Flap channel, and plugs the FY30A's switch into channel 6, not 5 as I was doing. There are 4 mixes to set up but the instructions are very clear. Eureka! :D :D :D
jchtr3a

Postby cynr100 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:02 pm

Well done, thanks for the link.
cynr100

Postby jchtr3a » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:29 pm

Update-Got the FY30A installed in my AXN and working great. Haven't flown it yet--waiting for batteries from HK. Made my mod to the Spitfire to fit the FY30A. Took the canopy off as it was badly glued on in the first place, and found a perfectly flat area behind the pilot where it will fit really well. Put a hatch hinge of the front of the canopy, and magnets on the rear sides, and now it opens and closes for easy access. It was a whole lot easier than I expected and that flat spot is perfect.
Right now I'm looking around on Google Earth for a field to fly in. Found a few propects nearby, so I will check them out in person. We're just about 1/4 mile from the Ohio River, and there are a few abandoned factory sites along it that have been leveled, and look promising. :D We're right outside Pittsburgh, and there is not a whole lot of empty ground here. There are several flying clubs but you must belong and also sign up for AMA (National Assoc) and have a card to fly at them. Maybe down the road, but for now I just want a place to fly where I can learn the skills all over again.
jchtr3a

Previous

Return to Help Needed