Questions For Quad Owners.

For helis powered by volts rather than fuel

Questions For Quad Owners.

Postby iflylilplanes » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:34 am

I'm about to send of for all the bits to build a quadcopter from HobbyKing, I will be running 4 x 25amp ESC's with 18 amp motors on 2200ma to 2700ma 3S Lipo pack. The problem is, Nano-Tech packs are out of stock and I will be placing them on backorder, in the meantime I am going to buy some other packs. One of the packs I have my eye on is the "ZIPPY Compact 2200mAh 3S 35C Lipo Pack", my first question is, is 35C high enough to run 4 x 18amp motors?

Many Thanks,

Dave W.
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

Dead Stick Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
iflylilplanes

Re: Questions For Quad Owners.

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:58 pm

18*4=72 amps maximum current demand
2.2*35=77 amps maximum current rating for the battery.
It's a bit close probably 40c would be better, but you probably won't be demanding it all at hover so you're probably OK.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby iflylilplanes » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Thank, Bill,
The Nano-Tech packs I have on order are 50C to 70C, I'll keep looking for 40C or higher to tied me over till the NT's arrive.Now, standard config helicopters use more power to hover and less in forward flight, is it the same for quads with their fixed wing props?
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

Dead Stick Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
iflylilplanes

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:20 am

Yes you will find as you start to move it the thing will start to climb, and you will respond by throttling back.
If you have altitude hold it will do so automatically.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby iflylilplanes » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:48 am

Again, Thanks Bill,
I don't know if the system I have coming has altitude hold, all I can tell you is as well as the 3 axis gyros, it has 3 direction accelerometers. I've read through the manual and don't understand much of it, so, I will be posting more questions later on.
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

iflylilplanes

Postby iflylilplanes » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:05 am

Is it necessary to flash an ESC, and, can the changes needed be made with a programming card?
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

iflylilplanes

Postby holtneil » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:34 am

HI mate you need to flash esc with simonk software , throttle is better and it is more stable , i run my quad on the nanotech batteries i use the 40/90c they dont even get warm, but i also try the heli batteries which are 30c max , as long as i dont fly hard and just fly about they are ok but 40c would be better watch this video it will show you why use simonk flashed esc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dKI2X2yFac
holtneil

Postby OzyMark » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:21 am

Fresh Newbie
So be gentle please lol
I am just starting out in FPV with Quad copters & I have a Blade Nano QX FPV BND, & also a Spektrum DX6.
Question:- I need a video receiver & the QX has a 5.8GHz Teleporter V4 & will accept FCC-Certified 5.8GHz FPV headset or view screen ?
I was looking at a FR632 Diversity 5.8GHz 32CH Auto Scan LCD A/V receiver from HobbyKing. If not, any suggestions?
Will this be Compatible ??

Thanx in Advance
Ozy Mark
OzyMark

Return to Electric Power