Xjet flies round SWDC offices

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Xjet flies round SWDC offices

Postby rotorz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:47 am

What is the general opinion of those who do FPV to the latest video from Xjet 'Flying round the SWDC' Published on Aug 14, 2012?

My opinion is that It doesn't show our hobby in a very good light at all.

There is a message in there somewhere, I'm not sure who it is aimed though, is it a message to the politicians to let them know he can spy on them because super lightweight models haven't been legislated against 'yet' or is it a message to us fliers (and MFNZ) to let us know that he is fully prepared to drag our hobby through the mud?

Or something else altogether?

I don't even live in NZ but this sort of thing makes me nervous.
rotorz

Re: Xjet flies round SWDC offices

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:42 pm

I was hoping to ignore this video, I'd like to be wrong but it seems we are witnessing a slow motion train wreck.
Last edited by BillGriffiths100 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:57 pm

Dig through everything that has happened over the past months and just maybe you will see the injustice, life is apparently back to "normal" for the District Council, MFNZ and the Jet SIG whilst SWMAC/SWIM are outed.
This is what happens when people become frustrated and feel that they have not been dealt a just hand.
How's this for a small comparison.............Libya.................Egypt...................

Now by making this little stunt out to be bigger than what it is, is only going to inflame the "what if" brigade. He could have gone to the offices and thrown a cricket ball (which by the way weighs more than the LadyBug) through the front door. He didn't.............I would have but he DIDN'T........... what he did was demonstrate the capability of a very clever piece of gear.
The sky is not falling chicken little, it was a demonstration of frustration, it would be best served to be treated as such.

I don't live in NZ either, the actions of a Local Government at the ill-informed beheast of a Representative Body have me more concerned.

Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby rotorz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Please don't get me wrong, I don't think what happened over the Tokoroa flying site was in any way right and I never in all the videos I viewed ,(and I think I watched them all), saw anything I would consider dangerous.

I do think they have been victimised by the council and stuffy commitee types and I also do feel genuinely sorry for the members of the SWMAC.

If he had thrown a cricket ball through the window insted of flying a camera outside the concequenses would fall squarely on his own shoulders but using our hobby to do something which might be within the law but morally wrong, (peering through windows is a morally wrong thing to do), the consequences won't fall on his shoulders will they?

It doesn't show our hobby in a very good light at all.
rotorz

Postby Shotglass » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:35 pm

see here:
viewtopic.php?p=14001#p14001
i dont take issue with him flying there but if that is bruces idea of resolving a messed up situation i seriously question his judgement
Shotglass

Postby drg964 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:50 pm

rotorz wrote:What is the general opinion of those who do FPV to the latest video from Xjet 'Flying round the SWDC' Published on Aug 14, 2012?

My opinion is that It doesn't show our hobby in a very good light at all.

I don't even live in NZ but this sort of thing makes me nervous.

I don't have a problem with that video and I am a Kiwi. No criminal offence was committed. I consider it more of a protest, which under the NZ Bill of Rights Bruce has every right to do so.

Putting the Hobby in a bad light? Not at all as far as I am concerned.

I'm waiting for the next vid of the ladybird hovering at the CEO's window with some sign...

And is this an isolated case of local government dodgy business in NZ? Looking at the case of Christchurch (my old home) I'm afraid not :x
Blueprint 'land grab' under fire
Port Hills buyout cost on table - secretly
"Christchurch, a bureaucratically buggered city"
You can call me Al
drg964

Return to FPV