Review: Turnigy 9X version 2 (FHSS).

Discussion on the reviews of 2.4GHz radios, modules and receivers that have appeared on RCModelReviews..com

Re: Review: Turnigy 9X version 2 (FHSS).

Postby Amazon » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi, Westy.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not running a TGY Tx module. I'm on a TGY9x radio with Assan V2(?) module.

Cheers!
Amazon

Postby mincoffnz » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:10 am

Hello Bruce and all the people in this forum.
Well first of all I should apologize for my bad English. I am from Argentina, (south America), and so, my mother language is Spanish.
I am quite lost.. Right know I have two radios, but none of them its a very good one.
And I just bought a Bixler, which I would like to fly it on fpv.
I would like to buy a not very expensive radio that I can use, not only in my helis, and foamys, but also for fpv(So that I can fly at least over 1.5km).
Now here the radios and any item for rc, are well over price, but anyway, im between two radios:
This one, the turningy 9x, and a JR Xp7202.

Which one would u recomend to buy?

How far away could I go with the turningy? Without changing anything..

Well thanks a lot, and hopefully I will come back to Aotearoa soon. (I have been living in Dunedin for a yr in 2010).

Best regards.

Rodrigo Mincoff :)
mincoffnz

Postby cynr100 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi Rodrigo,

If you go for the 9X without the module:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ware_.html
and add this FrSky module and receiver
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... II_RX.html
you should get the distance you are looking for plus a little more. :D

Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby mincoffnz » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:55 pm

cynr100 wrote:Hi Rodrigo,

If you go for the 9X without the module:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ware_.html
and add this FrSky module and receiver
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... II_RX.html
you should get the distance you are looking for plus a little more. :D

Dennis

R u using it like this?
WHat´s the range like?
Is a good radio after all??
mincoffnz

Postby cynr100 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:26 am

Hi Rodrigo,

No I don't personally use this setup, I have a FlySky TH 9X (this comes from the same family as Eurgle, Turnigy, iMax all look the same except for badging and operate the same firm ware)
I picked this one because it was available at the time and sick of waiting for HK to get into stock, also I could opt for a different module and receiver without internal modification work.

I am still running the original module and Rx, from all I have read the range is around 1km. To extend this further would require a new module and Rx, the most popular is the Frsky range.

Both Malcurin and pldb64 are running the Turnigy 9x with Frsky systems, if you are listening guys can you comment on your range experience.

Overall the 9x radio is value for money, if you are competent with a soldering iron you can turn the radio into a powerhouse after upgrading the firmware, If you are not, there is a "Plug n Play" system available that takes out the hard work.
Do a search on 9xforums.com for changing the firmware and smartieparts.com for hardware upgrade to enable firmware change.

I have had a dig through some of the old posts, according to Bruce the 9x with Frsky system provided a range of 2 miles.

Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby hangerrat » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:40 pm

RE-Calibration question - I have the HK Turnigy 9X , flashed with ER9X. It seems like my sticks get out of calibration quite often and I am wondering if others experience this? Or do you think I have a dud?

I actually have two of these, and my second unit seems to hold a calibration much longer/better.

Thanks for feedback,
hr
hangerrat

Postby Malcurin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:24 pm

I find the range to be excellent with the FrSky Module, 1.5 - 2.5km depending on whats around me.
As for calibration with er9x I've never had a problem, i always do a recalibration after i update er9x other then that i haven't needed too..
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Postby dionysg » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Hello guys
Ive got the Eurgle v2 with the antenna on the module and a Frsky DJT with a V8FR tx will thy work straight away (plug and play) ?
Thanks
dionysg

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:00 am

V8FR tx

You mean the Rx.
Not exactly plug and play you will need to set the transmitter module to the one way mode and follow the bind procedure.
But yes it will work OK.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby dionysg » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:28 am

So i guess either the Frsky Tx or Rx i got isnt working. Ive done the binding as said in manual and plugged a servo in each and every slot but i cant get it to work.
dionysg

PreviousNext

Return to 2.4GHz radios/modules/receivers