I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Postby cynr100 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:30 am

What.....................no guesses.......................... :shock: 8-)
Here's one more just to help:

rebirth5.JPG

and incase you are wondering about the label, a list of optional extras being added to the rebirth - Son of AXN

rebirth4.JPG

Okay.give in...........it's a 600ml PET water bottle, bottom removed and top removed at mid neck. I was going to use the heat gun to assist in shape forming but when I jammed the bottle over the nose everything fell into place. Reinforced tape to hold in place, cut out a cockpit area for battery access and it's as strong as new :lol: :lol:

I still have to wait for my spares to arrive, I've run out of servos and I'm waiting for servo extensions so I can run flaperons.
Even without flying it's a bunch of fun.............. :D
Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:31 am

Amess special?
Aha... the Poomentator!
Last edited by BillGriffiths100 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:34 am

:?:

Did you mean "amice - religious hood or cape" or have I missed your meaning altogether :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:16 am

Precisely, you will have to pray a lot before committing aviation!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby drg964 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:33 am

Bill, what was the white insulation foam you use to fill the gaps?
You can call me Al
drg964

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:26 am

BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:57 am

BillGriffiths100 wrote:Amess special?
Aha... the Poomentator!

I'd paint it brown if that wasn't such a hard colour to pickout from a distance.
It may not be pretty but it could be functional, much like something from Tupolev Design Bureau so I was thinking of naming it the TU-rd.
cynr100

Postby cynr100 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:10 am

BillGriffiths100 wrote:Precisely, you will have to pray a lot before committing aviation!

Friday is the day, getting bored waiting for bits so I am going with what I have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Z0piJB ... e=youtu.be

All being well I hope to commit an act of aviation....................... :shock: ...............pray there be survivors :lol: :lol:
cynr100

Postby quarry44 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:58 pm

Did anyone try the single wheel under the fuselage?Did it allow the AXN to ROG?I'm not very good at hand launches,I usually end up back on mother earth!
quarry44

Postby cynr100 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:03 am

Hi Quarry,

I remaidened ( :lol: :lol: ) my AXN today, 3 launches and 3 crashes with bugger all time between them :D . I will post the vid tonight (needs editing) but just thought I would let you know that I did a successful ROG launch using good quality reinforced tape underneath, it was a lot prettier than my hand launch (again in the vid) and only 60% throttle.

The end result of today -
gravity - 1
me - 0 (Minus 1 Rx, 1 servo, 1/2 AXN, crushed wing spar, ego @24%)
Love this hobby :lol:
cynr100

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)