SWIM is back on the field

If you've seen a cool RC video on YouTube and you think it's worth sharing with the rest of us, post the link and a brief description here so we can all have a look.

SWIM is back on the field

Postby kaptain_zero » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:37 am

Video link here: http://goo.gl/QDOYM

It's great to see that flying has once again resumed in Tokoroa, but alas.... our friend Bruce cannot be part of it. :cry:

Rather than have everyone post under the YouTube video, I thought I'd make a spot here on RCMR.

All I can say is that I'm happy the club can once again fly..... Of course I also wish a pox on all those grumpy old men in NZ, not that they would care in the slightest as to what *I* think.

Now..... I know that Bruce, by choice, is no longer a member, but surely he is welcome as a spectator?!?!? And I cannot imagine anyone objecting to a "spectator" taking a few videos?!?!?

Whatever the final outcome... and reading between the lines in the above mentioned video..... I suspect a bit more fur may fly, before all is said and done, I hope it all works out in "the wash".

Bruce, you have my support.... even IF YOU MISPRONOUNCE RCGUTT! :mrgreen:

For the record RC GUTT means "RC BOY" in Norwegian.... uhh... sorry if I spoiled it for anyone. Of course I speak of a country who's culinary delights reached the ultimate high, when some fishermen dragged some codfish ashore, sprinkled some salt on them, and left them there, in the sun, until the flies stopped bothering them, only to declare they were now fit to eat! Islanders, technically Norwegians banished to an ice flow in the North Sea, only to drift off and find a volcanic island (hey, how were we Norwegians supposed to know there was such an island?!?!?), went just that little bit further and declared that it should be called "Hard Fish". For those in North America retching at the above description.... it's basically Cod Fish Jerky..... Yeah, I know... it still sounds revolting... but hey.... You gotta run whatcha brung.

Regards

Kaptain " After I finish off this Hard Fish, I think I'll tuck into some Gravlax" Zero
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Re: SWIM is back on the field

Postby Stroman1 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:29 pm

Glad the boys are able to fly at the field. I'm supporting Bruce by donating each month to RC Model Reviews (a modest amount as I'm living on a small fixed income) because I figure he has saved me and many others all around the world many many dollars and headaches bringing RC into the 21st century with his work. I also comment on utube in his support. I encourage others to do the same. Oh, and I like kippered herring.
Stroman1

Postby nugg999 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:05 am

Great to hear there getting back on the field but i dont see why Bruce should be outed as he mostly just took the video everyone else that flys there did and promoted the same stuff seems a bit unfair to me,
nugg999

Postby pilot108 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:02 am

Bruce, You are really treasure to behold. You remind me of my cousin George, in the Marines we were always a force to be reccond with. He was smarter than me and was the brains of our operation.His Passion as was mine was aircraft, I learned how to fly and he fixed them. A more perfect union I could'nt come up with. He had the passion and I was right there with him. Never give up, never give in, Please Bruce don't let the bastards get you down.
pilot108

Return to YouTube RC videos worth watching