small monitor/display supplier ??

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

small monitor/display supplier ??

Postby S-rob » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:43 am

Hi there.
Im hoping someone will have a recommendation of where to buy a cheap (say) 7"-10" display/monitor.
I have a few uses for this, but want to find something cheap.
Cheers
S-rob

Re: small monitor/display supplier ??

Postby RONALD MCDONALD » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:01 pm

S-rob wrote:Hi there.
Im hoping someone will have a recommendation of where to buy a cheap (say) 7"-10" display/monitor.
I have a few uses for this, but want to find something cheap.
Cheers

Have a look on ebay spares or repairs for a portable DVD player they can be had really cheap. The best ones to look for are the ones described as
"sometimes works sometimes doesn't" The fault is usually mechanical to do with the laser head but they make excellent colour monitors but you must make sure it has a video input socket. Download the user manual and check for the A/V input socket. I purchased two on ebay both came with batteries chargers and carrying case for less than £10:00 each.
Good Luck
Ron
RONALD MCDONALD

Postby mikerowe » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:54 am

Ron, what models did you buy, if you don't mind me asking?
mikerowe

Postby RONALD MCDONALD » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:25 pm

mikerowe wrote:Ron, what models did you buy, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi one of them is a VENTURER PVS 17200 and the other one is a HITACHI PDV512. The important thing is to download the user manual and check for the A/V input socket. My friend bought one from ebay without checking, turned out it only had A/V out and no A/V in.
Sorry if you've been waiting long for a reply.
Best Wishes
Ron
RONALD MCDONALD

Postby dannyzz » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:06 am

I got this one about a year ago and it still works fine it ocassioanlly gets the blue screen when i go past 1.2km mark with standard 5.8ghz 200mw .http://www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/Home_Audio_Video/LCD_Monitors_TV/7_Inch_Car_Headrest_Monitor-Tan
dannyzz

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks