Cocklebarrow Farm ... vintage meet.

If you've seen a cool RC video on YouTube and you think it's worth sharing with the rest of us, post the link and a brief description here so we can all have a look.

Cocklebarrow Farm ... vintage meet.

Postby bogbeagle » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:14 am

Here's a few video oddments from this weekend's vintage flying at Cocklebarrow Farm, in Gloucestershire. Old geezers, with old planes and no sense of danger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17vwsSuWCEE&feature=youtu.be

Warning: If you are offended by people having fun, don't watch this video.
bogbeagle

Re: Cocklebarrow Farm ... vintage meet.

Postby cynr100 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks for sharing love those old planes. Not a foamie or a speed demon amongst the lot of them :D
Brings back childhood memories :P

Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Jolly-Swagman » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:22 am

Some nice old vintage plane memorabilia there, thanks for sharing, and yeah does bring back some old memories too, of when I was a young lad.
Jolly-Swagman

Postby bogbeagle » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:26 am

Well, here's a bit more vintage free-flight, taken at my home field in Yorkshire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YWYj4TN ... ature=plcp
bogbeagle

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:37 am

Brings back memories. I had some of those diesel engines. I had a Russian one. It looked terrible. The roughest casting ever but had heaps of power. Hard to start and get the head compression right to keep it going. But once it warmed up it was great. Touching the prop or rather not touching it was all part of the fun. Never hurt much, until you got home. I will admit though I always used a 'chicken finger'. I saw one guy get hurt one time though. He actually stopped the engine when his hand went too close. The blade cut him seven times before it stopped. Then guys started showing up with a big battery and an electric starter. You needed a spinner on your engine to use one of them though. Then RC started showing up and flight boxes with a battery inside and lots of plugs a sockets for the add ons. Can you believe they even had a socket to pump fuel into the plane. Mine you it saved a lot of fuel and was safer smoking while you started the motor. I think we all smoked in them days. Then I got my first RC unit. A box with an antenna sticking out and a button. A wind up actuator and once for left, twice for right and the amount of fuel you put in looked after the up and down.... sigh.
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:16 pm

A wind up actuator and once for left, twice for right and the amount of fuel you put in looked after the up and down.... sigh.

Nostalgias not what it used to be...........!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Return to YouTube RC videos worth watching