FPV backpack

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

What's going on with Bruce Simpson

Postby sloperdude » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:28 pm

Bruce put out a couple of videos on his xjet channel on YouTube since the "Not so weekly, weekly news" segment of a little more than a week ago on his RCModelreviews channel. One on a small project to adapt FPV to his Ladybird quad rotor, and this one, which explains the long delay on the FPV backpack and other projects:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN4rhv2hPWg

Hopefully he'll get the ball rolling soon on the FPV backpack. It might be helpful for us to remind him that we're actively waiting for this project to be completed, so he puts it higher on his agenda.
sloperdude

Re: FPV backpack

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:03 am

I stopped 'actively waiting' about two months ago. There was a slight flurry of excitement a while ago when he showed us how to make the antennas, but the yo-yo has rolled to the end of the string again...
Still not long to go and we can celebrate the first birthday of this project ... :lol: ...
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby Goofa » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:31 am

Hi Kieth
This project has become a joke Bart (Bruce )Simpson while being very knowlegable in electronics, as my daughter say's, Dad he is a wind bag, last thing he told me was the project is now full steam a head :lol: all I can say is Bruce get on with it and cut the B'ht, you treat your fellow modellers like idiots, don't start something you don't intend to finish ,come on guys don't treat him like a God :evil: . Regards Goofa. Get on with it Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goofa

Postby T3PRanch » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:51 am

Uh Oh, now you've done it! I think I see a Hallmark moment coming! ;)

Thurmond
T3PRanch

Postby Goofa » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:52 am

Hi T3PRanch
Don't worry about Hallmark, he just wants to be a Bruce Simpson stoog, he just want's to appear as another smart one, ever thought he may be Bruce? :o the crapp predictions that is handed out on the projects is pathetic, think of the deversity project , the HK turbine project, when are things ever finished, and now were playing with an FPV for a Lady Bird, don't play us for fools Bruce, you stuffed up at your flying field because of attitude, your type of attitude leads to no end, get on with it if you want to help the hobby, I'm just telling you as it is, and to all the simpathiszers get over it, get in the real world . Regards goofa :roll:
Goofa

Postby cynr100 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:21 am

Had a look through your posts Goofa, noticed that you have never contributed an iota of help to others, maybe a couple of look at me pics.
Take your attitude and bugger off to RCTruth appears they need more like you there.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby sloperdude » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:28 am

Agreed. I'm tired of waiting too, but I think it would be more productive to message Bruce that we're still waiting, and expecting him to finish what he started, even if it means just providing a parts list and schematic. I already have all the parts except for the voltage regulator, circuit board, and the parts for the charge pump he mentioned. We're 95% there, and waiting on Bruce. Bruce, the ball is in your court.
sloperdude

Postby sloperdude » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:35 am

I visited Bruce's xjet channel on YouTube, and asked him to finish up the FPV backpack series. Here is his reply:

"Yes, the backpack video is done but I've had a few problems with the editing/rendering (for some reason that I don't quite understand). I may have to break it up into two smaller videos. The webpage is just missing a few links as I confirm some availabilities from suppliers."
sloperdude

Postby Hallmark » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Goofa wrote:Hi T3PRanch
Don't worry about Hallmark, he just wants to be a Bruce Simpson stoog, he just want's to appear as another smart one, ever thought he may be Bruce? :o the crapp predictions that is handed out on the projects is pathetic, think of the deversity project , the HK turbine project, when are things ever finished, and now were playing with an FPV for a Lady Bird, don't play us for fools Bruce, you stuffed up at your flying field because of attitude, your type of attitude leads to no end, get on with it if you want to help the hobby, I'm just telling you as it is, and to all the simpathiszers get over it, get in the real world . Regards goofa :roll:

I had been a little unwell until reading this post. In fact I was constipated... But a quick read through this thread fixed all that :D

Some folks just ain't happy unless they are pissing, moaning or both!

Others (not mentioning any names) just get on with building their projects, flying their planes and living with the rest of the world in a state of happiness and well-being. <-- My Zen moment. 8-)

I think you were right to choose the user name you did, but the "a" should be replaced with a "y" don't you agree? :P

Now please pay attention Mr Goofy... It would seem if compared to you I am 'smart' didn't you realise spelling is important in a forum and this one even spell checks for you :o

Here's a few tips...

Stooge has an "e" on the end - crap has only one "p"
"...the crapp predictions that is handed out on the projects is pathetic..." The structure of this sentence (and most of the gibberish you wrote) says you're either 14 years old and never pay any attention at school (please keep going) or you're just another under-educated fool with an opinion much like my ex-wife's - you have a say on many things but are knowledgeable about very little.

Now come on please share with us, are you a pensioner in training or is it that long-term unemployment has seen you with entirely too much time on your hands, which has translated to the low quality output you have shared with us us in this post???

I shall revisit this thread again should my bowels decide to retain too much bio-mass, knowing that any reply from this twit will surely move the blockage and render me relieved and fresh for another day! :roll:
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby Woketman » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Most EXCELLENT post, Hallmark!
Woketman

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks