Bixler 2

For model airplanes powered by volts rather than fuel

Bixler 2

Postby drg964 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:37 am

Currently entertaining the idea of a second plane with the idea of trying out AXN's competition, being the Bixler 2.

The Bixler 2 kit has been out for a couple of months at least now and I was wondering if anyone has tried it out yet?

If you have got one what are your opinions on it?

Hobbyking wrote:The Bixler 2 has all the right ingredients, made from super tough EPO foam, the combination of size, low wing loading and a sleek fuselage make for and excellent model with capable yet forgiving flight characteristics. The plug in wing makes the Bixler a practical model that is easy to transport to your favorite flying field and can be ready to fly in just minutes. Another practical feature of the Bixler 2 is it's ability to accept a wide range of Lipoly sizes and /or FPV equipment courtesy of the enlarged canopy area. The Bixler 2 also comes with optional flaps which are pre-hinged (servo's not included) the flaps are particularly ideal for FPV pilots carrying a heavier payload. The final improvement was to re-design the boom area to allow the Bixler 2 use a low kv motor and larger prop combo, which is more efficient and offers a more linear throttle response.

Is the recommended sized motor adequate or does it need an upgrade in power? (as some have pointed out in the discussion tab)

And are the optional flaps really needed?

Interested in your thoughts...
You can call me Al
drg964

Re: Bixler 2

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:52 pm

The Bixler 2 KIT has only been out for a couple of weeks. The ARF Bixler has been out a couple of months.
Personally I would go for the kit and fit my own motor/electrics etc.

This guy has done quite a bit with it including fitting a bigger motor...
Here is the link to his vids...\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLxKgtgKeVs&feature=plcp
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Return to Electric power