Frsky DHT module

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Frsky DHT module

Postby rogeroed » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi.

I have some questions regarding the Frsky DHT module with telemetry-
- I have bought turnigy9x and frsky DHT module. The module have a sort of servo plug on the side with 4-pins, GND,+5V,Txd and Rxd. Is it correct that the black part put on pins is there for no other reason than to protect the pins? And what are this pins for?
- I couldnt resist opening the plastic cover to reveal whats inside( thats when the black part fell off the four pins mentioned above).
I looked over the print and to my supprice i saw two parts soldered together (lower side of parts). On pcb the two parts have C50 and R50 printed to right of/under them(this is on same side as buzzer).
- I also see some open/missing parts on pcb they have number: same side as buzzer C65, C66, C67, C68, C70 and R22.
On the other side: upper left marked with letter K and A, there is also two free spots near the round part (right side of it) and its printed T1 between them. There is also 5 free holes on top of pcb and two right under them, there is also four free holes on bottom of card. What is all this used for?
Can someone confirm if all this is correct with DHT module? Someone have large pictures of both sides?
Ohh, i hope nothing is wrong with mine, but the two parts soldered together do worry me.
- Can someone tell me if its possible to get telemetry data on 9x screen. How is this done?

Roger
rogeroed

Re: Frsky DHT module

Postby rogeroed » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:36 pm

I have sarched around for close up photos, and i have come to that all my components are there, but still worried of part C50 and R50. I have also figured out the four pins on the side of module, they are for upgrading and connecting the external display. As for all the free connection points on pcb, still dont have a clue.

regards,
roger
rogeroed

Postby pprioverde » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:58 pm

pprioverde

Postby rogeroed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:29 pm

I have looked at link. Much good info there. I plan to get telemetry data on screen of 9x, so i will follow that link near future.
What conserns me most right now is the two parts on pcb with label C50 and R50. On my board they are soldered together in one end..like in series?? I would like someone to confirm this is correct before i begin to solder anything or put current through it.
I have just bought the frsky module and 9xradio, so i havent tried any of them just yet.

Roger
rogeroed

Postby pprioverde » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Post some pics of it.
pprioverde

Postby rogeroed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:10 pm

i dont have a good enough camera
rogeroed

Postby rogeroed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:16 pm

This is the best picture i can get with my camera, but you can see part C50 and R50 are soldered together in lower part as shown in picture.
Attachments
Frsky_pcb.JPG
Frsky_pcb.JPG (30.96 KiB) Viewed 22345 times
rogeroed

Postby pprioverde » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Looking at the datasheet for that chip http://www.ti.com/product/cc2500
The resistor goes to ground, same as their example circuit. The pin that the cap is on is labeled: Power supply connection for digital noise isolation. In the example circuit it goes to vcc. They might not use that feature so grounding it with a cap like that makes sense. Also the two are surrounded in a white box so it might be intentionally connected together.
Give it a try, if it does not work try and take that solder away. You have nothing to lose as you have already voided any warranty.

Can you post some pics of the entire board, both sides im interested to see if I have the same version. If not my tutorial will not apply.

cheers, Marc.
pprioverde

Postby rogeroed » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Sorry for my old camera, it has severe problems getting things in focus..
Here are the front side where you can see C50 and R50 to left of red twisted wire:
Frsky pcb foran.JPG
Frsky pcb foran.JPG (197.58 KiB) Viewed 22304 times

..and here are the back:
Frsky pcb bak.JPG
Frsky pcb bak.JPG (240.96 KiB) Viewed 22304 times

Roger
rogeroed

Postby pprioverde » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks, same board. I took mine apart again and those components are bridged also.
pprioverde

Next

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks