FPV Camera

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

FPV Camera

Postby Crossfade » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:36 pm

I seen the video review bruce made on the Sony 600TVL Super HAD Board Camera i was wondering if this camera would also work and if maybe it would be better then the 600TVL Camera ? http://www.securitycamera2000.com/produ ... lens-.html

Thanks in Advance
Crossfade

Re: FPV Camera

Postby AltechMYOB » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:29 pm

IMO Bruce gave his endorsement for the Sony camera based on best-bang-for-buck for an FPV camera and takes into account multiple parameters.
His FPV back pack is designed for the dimensions of that camera.

The camera you're asking about seems to have non-standard dimensions... enough that there is a special adapter for it made of "Iron" :shock: and adds another 3 grams to the total for the camera if it's needed. No, I don't know if you would need it.

The camera that Bruce recommends is now even better value at just $45. For what you're willing to spend on the other camera you could buy this one AND a swag of different lenses to go with it so that you can decide later what is the best angle of view for you.

There are a multitude of cameras that have better specs... you can buy your more expensive camera if you want, it just may not fit on the back pack if that's what you plan to use it for. To my knowledge the exact dimensions of the space for the camera on the back pack board haven't been released.

my 2c worth.
AltechMYOB

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks