Hubsan Spyhawk

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Hubsan Spyhawk

Postby bogbeagle » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 pm

I had the opportunity to fly one of these, today ... quite impressed.

Was flying in a bit of a breeze, but the model was very easy to handle. I did use the auto-stab, which performed well.

Took the opportunity to test the video' range. On the ground, the video link dropped out at 380 yards. Of course, the model would be impossible to fly, LOS, at that range; it's too small. Well, I suppose that you might get away with it, owing to the auto-stab.

The video quality was quite good, I thought ... considering the price of the complete package.

I'll be fitting one of Bruce's jazzy VRx aerials to the transmitter, to see whether the video' performance can be improved.

I made several landings, having my mate catch the model... more "pluck it out of the air" really. I found that the model would make a fair landing, all on its own, if the power was set to idle. The plane would descend in a "mushed" condition, with its attitude maintained by the autostab. It was easy to catch ... or I could have allowed it to descend onto the grass.

But, as it stands, the model is an entertaining little blighter. On a calm evening, it should be a real pleasure to fly.
bogbeagle

Re: Hubsan Spyhawk

Postby bogbeagle » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:03 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAtt0NbyuFg&feature=em-share_video_user

Bit of video, showing the Spyhawk in action at our local flying area.
bogbeagle

Return to FPV