Please help me setup my Turnigy 9x RF9X V2

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Please help me setup my Turnigy 9x RF9X V2

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:37 am

Page 14 section 7.5 is stick mode selection
It does say model and not mode but that is the place to change the modes.
Personally I did the firmware upgrade and never tried using the existing software it was the period when a lot of defective firmware was being sent out so I just reprogrammed immediately.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:01 am

Aussie Joe wrote:I thought the people in this forum were 9X crazy/junkies :lol: .

That's er9x crazy junkies to you............... :lol: :lol:

drg964 is getting his new Turnigy 9x mode 2 this week so he might let me have a look and see if I can come up with a find or fix. I'm like most, I got myself to er9x ASAP.

In the meantime onesurf88 can you change your model type to "ACRO" so that a plane is shown on your main screen rather than the heli you have (page 11-12 of the manual). Then start at page 28 to setup your plane.
There are functions in heli mode that will prevent the throttle from working.
If you haven't already downloaded the manual from the link that Bill advised, go here
http://9xforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=127 the home of all things 9X and you may find solutions to future problems 8-) I highly recommend joining that forum as well.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby drg964 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:25 am

cynr100 wrote:
Aussie Joe wrote:I thought the people in this forum were 9X crazy/junkies :lol: .

That's er9x crazy junkies to you............... :lol: :lol:

drg964 is getting his new Turnigy 9x mode 2 this week so he might let me have a look and see if I can come up with a find or fix.

Contaminate my mode 2 with your mode 1 hands and I shall bite :twisted:

Aussie Joe, once my replacement 9x arrives (hopefully this week) I will contact you via email and together we will be able work through it.

I have a feeling your issue is easy to fix but I will only know for sure when I have my one here for comparison. Unfortunately until then I cannot help you.

Al
You can call me Al
drg964

Postby cynr100 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:50 pm

drg964 wrote:Contaminate my mode 2 with your mode 1 hands and I shall bite :twisted:

Thinking about changing modes myself after this arvos effort, I think the camera ran for 15secs with Kurt yelling "pullup :!: pullup :!: " :lol: :lol:

The reason I suggest that onesurf88 change the model type setup to ARVO (plane) is that in the heli setup if there is no throttle curve............wait for it............ :idea: then this is no throttle reaction.
Al, if I promise not to touch can you check that on your pristine 9x when it turns up, be interesting to see if a throttle and pitch curve are preinstalled. I also have a printed version of the manual 8-) I can bring next w/end, all yours until you go er9x........ 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby drg964 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:52 pm

You can touch it Dennis (now that sounds so wrong)

And I see what you mean by the 9x should be changed to ARVO as onesurf88's initial photo shows him to be on heli mode

onesurf88 needs the support of someone like Kurt to go over his 9x with him in person. onesurf88, do you have a local club or hang out that flyers go to??

It is much easier for someone to go over your set up with you in person as both Dennis and myself have found.
You can call me Al
drg964

Postby onesurf88 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:05 am

Hi All,

I went to the setup again and could'nt find the "L" on the end to make it say "MODEL 1" thing. There are only 4 selections from Mode 1 to Mode 4. And this is where I cannot confirm the selection after selecting it.

Please help again....

Regards,
Richard
onesurf88

Postby onesurf88 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:11 am

I cannot see what you mention ed. Only mode 1 to mode 4 available.

Help......
onesurf88

Postby onesurf88 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:04 am

Actually I have already set it to Glider instead of the Heli mode. But still not working and unable to change to Mode 2.
onesurf88

Postby cynr100 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:14 am

Richard have you done this yet.......... :?:
"In the meantime onesurf88 can you change your model type to "ACRO" so that a plane is shown on your main screen rather than the heli you have (page 11-12 of the manual)." Should be page 12 under "7.3 Type Sele"
Let's get this hurdle done first so that on your startup screen you have a plane not a heli and you are in correct model type.
Then go to "7.5 Stick mode selections" and select "Model 2",save and close that page then open it again, it should open with Model 2 highlighted.

Remember Aussie Joes comment regarding a missing "L" on the main screen :? , this does lead to confusion on the main page :!:

Now back to your main screen, the "Mode 1" (hopefully with a plane icon next to it) relates not to your "stick mode selection" but to the model number you are about to fly, see page 11 "7.1 Model Sele". The 9X allows you to store the setups for 8 different models (4ch plane, w/airlerons, delta, V-tail etc etc) follow the instructions under "7.1" and change to model 2 then save, you will now see "Mode 2" on your main screen. This relates to the model you are flying not your stick selection, now change to say model 6 or 7 so you are no longer confused when viewing the main screen.

Before testing your throttle remove the prop, then start at page 28 "9 Function setting for airplane" and go through each one to become familiar.
"9.3 Subtrim" should all be 000, you can sort that out later.
"9.4 End Point" should all be 100%, move your sticks to ensure rud,elev and airlerons all show 100% in either direction.
"9.5 Thr Hold" should be "int" and 0%. Throttle hold switch is left, top, back on your Tx. When engaged (toward you) the throttle should not work.

Hope that all helps, I believe your confusion of "Mode 1" on the main screen relates to the model number as previously stated, and just make sure you have the correct "model type" (heli,acro, glider) installed. Remember this is a computer controlled Tx, it is difficult to make pancakes when you are in chainsaw mode :lol: :lol:
Sorry, me being in smart A mode :roll: .
cynr100

Postby cynr100 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:26 am

Not the best vid around Richard, but this should help you rather than drift through my warble above..... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xOATDBmbbc
cynr100

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)