TURNIGY 9X V2 TO SIMULATOR

Discussion on the reviews of 2.4GHz radios, modules and receivers that have appeared on RCModelReviews..com

TURNIGY 9X V2 TO SIMULATOR

Postby derp65 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:29 pm

Dear All

I have tried almost everything to make this transmitter work with a simulator (I am trying FMS and aerofly pro) but nothing at all, no signal, no possibility to calibrate, nothing. I´m using USB connector to PC and trainer port ( 3.5 mm) in the TX

Con you share how you connect this transmitter to the PC ?

Thanks so much

PD: Bruce I tried connecting with the module out, but nothing

Thanks so much
derp65

Re: TURNIGY 9X V2 TO SIMULATOR

Postby 3dkat1 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:13 pm

It's been awhile since i last used fms ,If your using vista you need to install a patch for FMS, have you selected PPM on the turnigy V2 ? and when in the set up options in the sim from memory it's the PIC serial interface , Try the link below they cover all the different options for set up.
Good luck

http://sim.tomsrc.com/page.php?2#ts-usb
3dkat1

Postby derp65 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:06 pm

Thank you for your advise. I tried every possible configuration described in the link, but nothing. There is no way I can make the TGY 9X connect to the sims ( FMS and Aerofly). At the other end, I have a Futaba 7c and it works fine, at least with FMS.

In another forum I read that it was possible to link the TGY 9X ( probably V1?) with FMS via 3.5mm jack connectors, not USB, and with the help of SmartoPropo and PPJoy.

I really can´t believe its impossible to cmake this TX work via USB

Appreciate suggestions

Cheers,
derp65

Postby 3dkat1 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:32 pm

derp65 wrote:Thank you for your advise. I tried every possible configuration described in the link, but nothing. There is no way I can make the TGY 9X connect to the sims ( FMS and Aerofly). At the other end, I have a Futaba 7c and it works fine, at least with FMS.

In another forum I read that it was possible to link the TGY 9X ( probably V1?) with FMS via 3.5mm jack connectors, not USB, and with the help of SmartoPropo and PPJoy.

I really can´t believe its impossible to cmake this TX work via USB

Appreciate suggestions

Cheers,

That is odd indeed , I have a turnigy 9x which is V1 , I would have to ask Bruce if the software is similar and can try hook mine up to the simulator and see how i get on
Richard
3dkat1

Postby 3dkat1 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi , I just hooked up My 9X imax/ Turnigy too Phoenix sim , Had it working in about 10min i just had to set up all the controls. I used the same lead that is for my Jr radio 3.5mm jack and usb into the computer . Are you using the same lead on your Futaba radio and the 9X ? . When you plug into the back of 3.5mm jack it should switch on automatically without turning the main switch on. If you get nothing I would assume it's the lead and you could try using a Jr lead as it works fine with my old 9x
Cheers
Richard
3dkat1

Postby derp65 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi Richard,

Did you disconnect the module in the 9X to use the simulator ? What are the settings in your TX ?

When I connect the 3.5mm plug, the TX turns on automatically, but thats all

Thanks a lot

David
derp65

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Someone told me you have to use a mono-plug and not a stereo one. That makes sense if inserting the plug also turns on the radio.

I'll check next time I get to the workshop.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby 3dkat1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:32 am

Didn't change anything , even left the module plugged in , The tx is in Fm-ppm mode and I didn't even change the model memory which was set for one of my planes .
3dkat1

Postby derp65 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Bruce, Richard, Friends

I was finally able to put to work TGY 9x V2 and FMS. Strange thing is that it worked only once with Aerofly Deluxe Pro ( though I was not able to configure rudder) , but all of a sudden calibration adjustments became very unstable (noise ?)

Thank you so much for your patience on this......any thoughts about Aerofly calibration are welcome

Cheers

David
derp65

Postby groma79 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:06 pm

I was finally able to put to work TGY 9x V2 and FMS.[/quote]

hello,

can you tell me what you've done that it's working now? i have the same problem: in windows xp the gamecontroller shows my turnig 9x v2 as a joystick (PPM) but it doesn't work with fms.

pls help me - i'm a newbie and wont crash my new plan ;)
groma79

Next

Return to 2.4GHz radios/modules/receivers