er9x constant beeping

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

er9x constant beeping

Postby Crowstooth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:50 am

I flashed my 9x to er9x using a FrSky plug in module. After a steep learning curve I managed to set up my glider and my FPV Twinstar. That was this week and all went well until today when I switched my Twinstar on. I get a continious beeping from the transmitter. I thought it was the Twinstar settings so I tried my glider and I get the same beeping. When I switch off the receiver the beeping continues until I switch the Tx off. When I switch the Tx on again there is no beeping until I switch on one of my receivers, when the beeping starts again.
I've tried rebinding but it makes no difference.
The only change today is I've added a telemetry screen which plugs into the back of the module. I unplugged it but there was no change.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance (and in hope).
Crowstooth

Re: er9x constant beeping

Postby cynr100 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:57 am

Probably a question best asked at ;)
http://9xforums.com/forum/index.php?sid ... 28a1e7e849

:idea: 8-) In the meantime on your Tx find the screen for "Radio Setup page 1 of 6" (left arrow long press) flip through there and see if you have a "beeper" engaged that you don't need, for instance you may have "beeper countdown" engaged.
If you are using the eePe program to load and save settings open a saved program or connect your Tx to your computer and download the Tx settings then double click on "General Settings" that appears above your first model. You can now check all the radio settings and adjust accordingly. Each change (or when you have finished with multiple) must be written to the Tx memory. Also don't forget to save the file to your harddrive.
Let me know how you go, if you are using eePe attach a copy of the EEPE_file to your response and I'll have alook through, don't be misstaken that I am a :ugeek: or even a :geek: with er9x, problem solving is learning and I love to do that :lol: :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Crowstooth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:08 am

Hi cynr100,
I've switched off all warnings.
I've reflashed with open9 and lost all my models (backed up in Companion9x) and tried a simple 4 channel setup.
I've started a new basic model.
I've also tried using another Tx with er9x, but this Tx has my models loaded.
Every time I switch on a receiver on either plane I get the beeps, I have two planes with FrSky receivers.
There's no point in attaching an eepe as it happens with any eepe.
Crowstooth

Postby cynr100 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:37 am

I was having alook through my eePe file for radio settings and noticed that there is a selection for "internal Frsky alarm" that does not appear on the Tx flash screen. Can you check on Companion 9x for your radio settings (not model settings).
"Every time I switch on a receiver on either plane I get the beeps, I have two planes with FrSky receivers." this leads me straight to "radio settings" not model settings.
I'm using FlySky TH9x, SmartieParts board, Frsky DJT module, Frsky V8FRII rx. If you are using the same Tx and Rx units make sure you followed the compatability instructions that came with the units
Was going to send an eepe file with my Tx settings but apparently that is a no no on this forum.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Crowstooth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:53 am

Where is the internal alarm reference? I have eepe as well as companion9x. I can't find it.
I am using the same setup as you. The FrSky module and receiver came together so I assume they are compatible.
Also, the system worked yesterday on both planes.
Total mystery to me.
John.
Crowstooth

Postby cynr100 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:44 am

John,
Copy your Tx settings to your EEPROM program (lets not go companion9x I have no experience with that) or open an existing saved eepe_file. As previously advised click on the line that says "general settings" above model No1.
Your "General Edit" page should open, go to "setup" tab and look down the last third of page to a list of boxes. somewhere between "backlight alert" and "alarm warning" you will find "internal frsky alarm" untick it.
Now open a model in EEPROM program and look for the 2nd last tab, should be FrSky, if you have anything other than a blank or zero in any of the top boxes could be our problem.

Onto the Tx module and Rx, the DJT version is telemetry (non-telemetry version has been discontinued), V8FR is non-telemetry. You should have received instruction with the Rx for switch change on the Tx module for correct setup and binding.

That's the best I can help you with here, have you tried the er9x forums, once you have registered you can send eepe files as attachments. The geeks and ghurus there love these problems.
Dennis
cynr100

Postby Crowstooth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:05 am

Thanks,
Tried both and both are OK. FrSky alarm was unticked and FrSky settings are zero.
I've tried the forums but no reply so far.
I would recommend you take a look at Companion9x, it's very similar to eepe but the simulate option shows a transmitter type display which works just like the Tx with menu, exit, and the up/down/pos/neg buttons. It also has a wizard which lets you set up a plane or heli, glider or delta wing.
Thanks for your help.

John.
Crowstooth

Postby Crowstooth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 am

Hi Dennis,
I thought I'd let you know what the problem was. I set up the RSSI according to the instructions, but used > instead of <.
18 hours of bewilderment finally ended.
It's 6.40AM now and I'm off to bed for a long time.

John.
Crowstooth

Postby cynr100 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:32 am

Crowstooth wrote:Hi Dennis,
I thought I'd let you know what the problem was. I set up the RSSI according to the instructions, but used > instead of <.
18 hours of bewilderment finally ended.
It's 6.40AM now and I'm off to bed for a long time.

John.

:o :shock: :? :lol:
Hope I was of some help and thanks for the headsup on companion 9x, will have a look :D

sleepy.jpg
sleepy.jpg (7.13 KiB) Viewed 21907 times
cynr100

Return to Help Needed