Freezing LiPo's...??

Nicad, NiMH, Lithium, A123? If it's transmitter or receiver batteries you want to talk about, do it in this forum.

Freezing LiPo's...??

Postby Norseman220 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi.
Although I have been into RC for two decades I am quite a novice when it comes to LiPo batteries and the handling of them. Not from a safety point of view, but on the long term handling.
It was with great interest I watched your Youtube video where I learnt that you should prepare the batteries for storage. BUT I once heard that If you have a battery that has started to bloat and have developed some gas, you can put it in the deep freezer over the night, and it will shrink back to its normal size (And it does) but will it still perform the same? And is it a good "fix" for a old (mistreated) battery?
It would be very interesting to hear the result if you should find this interesting to test.

Brgds
Steinar Fagerheim
Bodoe, Norway
Norseman220

Re: Freezing LiPo's...??

Postby quarry44 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:30 am

I don't know that I like the idea of a blown lipo battery thrown in with stuff I have to eat!
quarry44

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:45 pm

And what ice cream do you want, strawberry, chocolate, Neapolitan or the new lipo....?
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby cynr100 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:52 am

Living in Norway you probably just have to throw it out the door....... :lol: :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby ergocentric » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:46 am

quarry44 wrote:I don't know that I like the idea of a blown lipo battery thrown in with stuff I have to eat!

Puffed is not 'blown' it just has some trapped gas...
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Return to Receiver/transmitter Batteries