HobbyKing/HobbyCity

Have you had really good or really bad service from a supplier? Tell everyone here.

Re: HobbyKing/HobbyCity

Postby CARPO » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:28 pm

with hobby king a have a order that was like a month in backorder , but again the products and the price they have u can not get it in other place ..a little i know .
i use hobby king to get things that are not to find in my local hobby store like the new 4 chanel fast compatible receivers or the kinetik 800 plane ...
i like very much hobby king cause they are more than a hobby shoop ..they create planes and taking new models all the time ..that is realy fun ..and the materials and the manufacturing are far away from others chines planes or parts ...
CARPO

Postby rogeroed » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Hobbykings customer service suck..
They hold my order a week for no reason, and they put a higher value on custom papers.
The original pick date(with my order no.) was on plane carton inside shipped package and on shipping label outside.
I also see the reply comments from the guy who pick my order that the girl at customer service is asking something strange since the guy answer with: ..................................WHAT??
The whole story, i make a order at hobbyking and in checkout process i miss to mark as gift, this is the start...
Two minutes later i send question to customer service and ask them to make sure the shippment is marked as gift.
Then about 24hlater they send me reply that they will set custom value to 20% ($467-something), but my order was on $336-something...?!? ..i think, are they gone mad?
I reply demanding them to write what i marked in checkout process, and i tell them the only reason i contackted customer service was to make sure the guys packing and labeling shipments to mark as gift..nothing more.
I wait new 24h, then i get reply telling me they will do what i ask, and she appologise for mistake in first post.
Now i think all is ok, but...
3(!) days later i get new opened ticket request from customer service telling me following:
- Sorry for the inconvenience, we checked with warehouse, the invoice for your order must be outside the parcel for your country. Please confirm that so that we can ship your order as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding. Looking forward to your swift reply.
Now i get really angry, and i reply with a question mark and say i payed for ems shipping for one reason. I also send a copy of all the messages.
About 36h later i get reply:
- Thanks for your information and understanding, we will ship your order as soon as possible and your parcel will be well packet-ed.
Packet-ed? What is packet-ed?
Then a week pass by before my package is shipped.
When it arrive i see that printed value outside is altered with a ball pen to a higher value and the customs papers following shipment was switched with new ones...not the one i got copy of(online) when ordered. Thank you very f... much!
The customer support person i had contact with all time is a blond(maybe this says it all..?? :-) girl called Adrea.

I hope that hobbyking will get their shit together soon and give the customers good produckts at good prices..and good customer service.

Roger
rogeroed

Postby drg964 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:02 am

I can now see why here in Australia some people prefer the HK Aussie warehouse for service rather than the HK global warehouse in Hong Kong.

On a Monday I placed my order for the Bixler 2 kit and it arrived the following Monday (Aussie HK).

Excellent service but just a pity they don't stock it all.
You can call me Al
drg964

Postby quarry44 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:24 pm

It's just a pity the oz. warehouse doesn't ship to nz.I tried to order some stuff from them,and got shuffled back to the hong kong site.
quarry44

Postby drg964 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:36 am

But you do have the shopfront store in Auckland or is that just not the same?
You can call me Al
drg964

Postby quarry44 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:10 am

I think they're just a reseller,charging "local" prices.There doesn't seem to be any direct connection to HK's main website.
It's still lots cheaper for me to get the stuff from Hong Kong.
quarry44

Postby oldsapper » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:12 am

Only one stuff up in my 107 orders (that was eventually resolved), since my first in May '09. Have never been game to total the $ amount, but on that basis, I'll hang in there with HK. Shipping from Hi Model appears much quicker, but their prices are correspondingly higher....
oldsapper

Previous

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)