2.4MHz thinking out loud...

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

2.4MHz thinking out loud...

Postby Keith » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:03 pm

I have followed the 'backpack' build with interest. I even had a go at building the 5.8MHz clover leaf antennas. I have not tried them yet but they seem to do a good job by all reports. So logically thinking can similar antennas be built for the 2.4MHz that can be used with the Tx/Rx we use. Or would the Rx antenna be too big...?
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Re: 2.4MHz thinking out loud...

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi Keith,
Yea we had a bit of a run in on this one in this
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1389&hilit=+aerial
Opinion was (Shotglass) that it wouldn't significantly increase range and I wondered about the reception in different orientations (upside down).
But practically speaking its possible and the aerial wouldn't be to big except on really small planes, if you google IBCrazy you'll find his dimensions for the 2.4 aerial.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks