Hitec installation

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Hitec installation

Postby ausiejohn » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:41 am

I am returing to the hobby after a long absence I have a Hitec optic 6 radio and I am unsure about installing the receiver into an AXN Cload. My query is about what to do with the Aerial I believe it is calle a Boda aerial should the antenna be outside the model or run internally inside the fus. Any help would be apprciated.
ausiejohn

Re: Hitec installation

Postby quarry44 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:19 am

I've never heard of a "boda" aerial,but if it's about a 6-700mm long one,run it from under the canopy to a rubber band pinned to the top of the fin.I think on a foam model you could theoretically run it inside,but how would you get it in there?
quarry44

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:39 am

The Boda is a 2.4 GHz aerial and quite short.
Tape the aerial to the top of the fuselage behind the canopy the Hitec RX is a strange shape and will be a bit of a tight fit but there is room in the canopy above the servos.
Don't forget to use an additional rubber band to hold the canopy on.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:46 am

I recessed my original FlySky Rx (rather large unit) into the canopy wall at the wing root, as long as the wings are fully glued in place you wont have a problem with structural integrity.
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1443&start=150

VMC - Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby ausiejohn » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Thanks for the reply I have taped the aerial to the fuselage as suggested
ausiejohn

Postby A.T. » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:39 am

ausiejohn wrote: I am returing to the hobby after a long absence I have a Hitec optic 6 radio and I am unsure about installing the receiver into an AXN Cload. My query is about what to do with the Aerial I believe it is calle a Boda aerial should the antenna be outside the model or run internally inside the fus. Any help would be apprciated.

A little late now but for the benefit of future readers, an extract from the Hitec AFHSS FAQ page:
. Optima Transceiver & Minima Receiver- Installation of Receiver & BODA Antenna
Also of assistance will be:
. Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport- Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T.

Return to Radios and Servos