Turnigy 9XR now finially being sold

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Turnigy 9XR now finially being sold

Postby S-rob » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:28 pm

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... dule_.html

Any thoughts?? Some good ideas, but worthwhile replacing a 9X for 9XR ??

The matching cases are a bargain price btw...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _Case.html
S-rob

Re: Turnigy 9XR now finially being sold

Postby quarry44 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:58 am

I'm not going to bother.IMO the 9xr looks cheap and tacky.My 2-9x's with Frsky and er9x will see me out,i reckon.Unless the new Frsky tx is 200% better than the 9xr.
quarry44

Postby aidan284 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:03 pm

I agree, it looks cheap and IMHO doesnt look aas good as the 9x.It may look cheap and cheerful, but theres no such thing as cheap and cheerfull, only cheap and nasty
If you don't know it, Look it up
aidan284

Postby Keith » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:06 pm

There is a reason it looks cheap... It is bloody cheap... I don't care how cheap it looks as long as it does its job...
Luckily I'm not one of those flyer's who have to have the best equipment available to enjoy it...
I'm pretty sure that if you use a $500+ radio against my $50 one you do not get 10 times the pleasure I do....
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby aidan284 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:15 am

I dont have a $500 dollar radio, ive got a 9x and it suits me fine.I just dont like the look of it.
If you don't know it, Look it up
aidan284

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:47 am

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... At 50 bucks you are not paying for looks, that's a bonus...
Keith

Postby jchtr3a » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:32 pm

I would sure like to hear what you have to say about the new 9XR, Mr. Simpson. I doubt anyone has one yet, butjust based on the written specs.--what do you think? Worth replacing a 9X with the 9XR or not? Hopefully you will do a review f the 9XR once you get your hands on one. Can't wait to hear your opinion of it.
Cheers.
jchtr3a

Postby Malcurin » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:04 pm

The 9xR is a 9x with an internal aerial ( that cant be used yet because they haven't made any Modules to utilize it)
it has 2 trainer ports instead of one,
it uses an early version on ER9X software
I'm told it does use slightly better gimbals,
a programming port built in (still have to buy the connector for the computer though),
a new case so it looks OK

you guys should know though that ER9x made the firmware, not hobbyking, and er9x aren't happy about them not getting the thanks they deserve for making the code and making it so stable and awesome all they want is the recognition for doing this as Hobbyking have removed any mention of this from the User manual (which they also wrote) a little thanks for there hard work is not to much to ask IMO
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Postby quarry44 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:11 pm

I read somewhere in the comments section of HK's listing that they will add a reference to the developers in the new manuals.
Keith,I don't have any $500 radio's either.I have 2 Turnigy 9x,a futaba 7c i was given for free(dud pot,easily fixed),and a 5ch futaba I picked up for $50.All have been converted to Frsky,and the 9x's to ER9x.If it wasn't for Hobbyking,i probably couldn't afford the hobby any more.I'm definitely in the "budget flyer" category.
I don't think the XR9 is that much better than the 9x,hence I won't be buying one.
I'm waiting to see how the new Frsky transmitter is going to turn out.If it's a lot better than the 9x,and not too expensive,I may be persuaded to invest in one of those.
quarry44

Re: Turnigy 9XR now finally being sold

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:50 pm

I was just commenting in general and not referring to anyone specific. I believe the majority of ppl in this forum do probably look for the less expensive option. I know I do. I'm in the same boat Quarry without HKs cheap versions I would not be as active in this hobby. Some other forums I visit look down there noses at flyers who dare compete with there expensive equipment. I think a lot feel ripped off when they compare what they have for the price they paid and are ready to defend their actions....
Keith

Return to Radios and Servos