Frsky 4 channel receiver problem

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Frsky 4 channel receiver problem

Postby searscr » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:40 am

I purchased a Frsky V8R4-II from HK a few months ago. I placed it in a model, but during range check I could not walk more than two meters away. Is there something I can do to repair this reciever? I would like to put it in my AXN because it fits perfectly.

Craig
searscr

Re: Frsky 4 channel receiver problem

Postby quarry44 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:12 am

Check the aerial wire,on 2 of mine,it fell off without provocation.Remove cover,and solder aerial wire directly to board.
quarry44

Postby cynr100 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:00 am

Ditto on what Quarry said, I also add a dash of hot glue to the aerial mounting point, that yellow pasty stuff they use doesn't cut the mustard.

If you need a new one check out the prices offered by Aloft Hobbies, I get all my FrSky stuff from there, service and price is top notch you can't go wrong.
On 22/12 last, I ordered a plane from the HK Oz warehouse and some new Rx's from Aloft Hobbies. HK Oz warehouse is really good but they got beaten by a day, Aloft Hobbies (an off shore supplier) arrived on 03/01 and HK on 04/01, considering it was Xmas both did exceptionally well.
Tried to post a link here, but failed, something is wrong with my system.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby searscr » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:12 pm

Thanks.

Should I reuse the same wire, or replace it? If I replace it, what wire should I use?

Craig
searscr

Postby quarry44 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Just use the same wire,it'll be fine
quarry44

Postby searscr » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:40 am

Well, I tried both the original wire and a replacement, but I had no luck. The replacement wire did give me about one more meter of distance however. Any other suggestions? I think I may have a bad receiver. At least I can use it as a servo test if I cannot get it to work properly.

Craig
searscr

Postby quarry44 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:36 am

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble,craig.The only other thing i can think of is batteries.
It is possible you got a dud,but I've never heard of a Frsky rx being a dud when new.There's no point sending it back to HK,waste of time and money.You could try contacting Frsky themselves.http://www.frsky-rc.com/.Don't know if they can help you,but it's worth a shot.
quarry44

Postby cynr100 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:33 am

Hi Craig,

You have not said (nor did we ask :shock: ) what your Tx setup is, are you using a Turnigy 9X with FrSky DIY module :?: are you confident that the DIY upgrade has been done correctly. Or are you using the moduless 9x with the Frsky plug in.
Have you been able to check your Tx/Rx in it's original form.

Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby searscr » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:01 pm

I am running the DJT module. I have range tested my three V8FR-II recievers, and got great results. It is this little 4 channel one that is giving me problems.
searscr

Postby cynr100 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Looks like you have a dud, for the price and peace of mind a replacement should be sought, as I stated previously try here
http://www.alofthobbies.com/
Great price and service.
cynr100

Next

Return to Radios and Servos