timing

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

timing

Postby dinkstar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:16 pm

How do you know the correct timing setting for a brushless motor? Is there a rule of thumb for choosing low, medium or high timing setup? :?:
dinkstar

Re: timing

Postby cynr100 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:15 am

More power is consumed at high timing settings than at low settings.
If you are looking for extended run times I would suggest starting at a low timing setting, change to medium if the motor starts to screech, stall or feel labouring. Another indicator for wrong timing is heat (wasted energy), reduce the timing.
A brushless can "backfire" if the timing is set too high, drop the timing or damage will ensue.
As a general rule, low kV - low timing, but not all ESC's are the same so it is best to test by experimenting. If it doesn't sound or feel "right" don't ignore it, change the timing.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Re: timing

Postby megzdawn » Wed May 08, 2013 3:06 am

yes, i always believe that timing is also one great factor that affects our activities. one may be too prepared and too confident but once it goes-in at the wrong time, everything will be mess up. it's like in a special operation warfare that it can't be considering the right place knowing the the area or location is always hostile but once you're in the right time, and even just a small opening of time will already be a huge factor for a successful operation. well, that goes with my story. nothing more nothing less.
megzdawn

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)