Review: Turnigy 9X version 2 (FHSS).

Discussion on the reviews of 2.4GHz radios, modules and receivers that have appeared on RCModelReviews..com

Re: Review: Turnigy 9X version 2 (FHSS).

Postby johnkim100530 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:36 pm

Butterfly program

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlowe
The glider programming is a little (very) strange. Set up your two aileron channels in ail diff menu. (The flapperon menu doesn't seem to act correctly with butterfly.) Set them both at 100% both directions for now. Be sure to activate the mix. Check what is happening in the Display menu. The ailerons go on channels 1 and 7.

Now go to the butterfly menu. The switch that controls it is the rear left switch, marked Thr Cut. Activate the mix. Change the settings as you see fit. Preset changes the point it comes in on the throttle stick. Move the stick to where you want it to come in, and press and hold Menu, until it beeps. That will set the preset. Be sure to exit the butterfly menu by pressing Menu and not exit in order to save the settings. Go to the display menu and watch what happens. The switch has to be pulled toward you to activate butterfly. Watch what happens in the Display menu as you move the throttle stick. Go back to the butterfly menu and change things as you see fit.

Jon
_________

Thanks, Jon.

I got my butterfly factory preprogram finally working after following your advice.

I could not make it work previously for two reasons.

I used flaperon which did not work together with butterfly program as you said. When ailerron differential was used. butterfly worked.

Secondly, I failed to preset throttle stick position effectovely because I did not push menu button to save preset position. This is where this transmitter is different from other major brands.

I used ch. 3 and 5 for flap 1 and flap 2. Ch. 6 did not move full travel for unknown reason. Ch. 6 moved only 70% travel.

Now that butterfly program is working, I have no complaint whatsoever about this transmitter. A great value for the price. I am going to buy one more to replace all old mechanical trim TXs. I will not need to carry around handwritten trim memory card any more.

PS What we need is a well written English manual to realize full potential of this transmitter.
johnkim100530

Postby wavejet » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:43 pm

Topfire 2.4 is probably flawed. Auction it off and buy Turnigy 9X.

hi johnkim100530

That may be the Case how would I test it to find out if it is Flawed? as it is not mine to Auction and there are no Turnigy 9x left at hobbyking -20 last time I looked :(
When he was flying this weekend just been, his Fopfire was working ok with a Spectrum DX6i Radio System next to him
as the Turnigy 9x is my first 2.4GHz I thought the My dad and I could fly our planes at the same time so was disappointed when his would not work so is there any thing We can do to get them work at the same time ?

Thank you
Andrew
wavejet

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:43 am

The Spektrum only uses 2-frequencies on the 2.4GHz band, the 9X uses multiple frequencies and it would appear that some of those coincide with the frequency(s) used by the TopFire set.

I'll try to do some research and see what kind of system the TopFire is and if there might be a solution.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:46 am

I just found out that the TopFire is a FlySky Version 1 system (same as the original 9X).

These two systems should run side-by side without problems -- although I have to admit that I've not actually checked to see if a set running V2 interferes with a set running V1, I will do that tomorrow and report back.

Could be that FlySky has goofed and created two incompatible sets that affect each other -- or that (by some strange coincidence) both of your radios share the same GUID (which means the V1 will try to respond to the V2 transmitter when it hops onto the frequency being used).
RCModelReviews

Postby johnkim100530 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:16 am

Andrew,

I am not an electronic expert. Let us wait until Bruce find out the cause.

2.4 radios seldom interfere with each other; it is strange. Does your Topfire work OK with another Turnigy 2.4 ?
johnkim100530

Postby johnkim100530 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:33 am

RCModelReviews wrote:both of your radios share the same GUID (which means the V1 will try to respond to the V2 transmitter when it hops onto the frequency being used).

The probability of two radios sharing the same GUID and falling into the hands of father and son are ifinitesimal.
johnkim100530

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:06 am

johnkim100530 wrote:
RCModelReviews wrote:both of your radios share the same GUID (which means the V1 will try to respond to the V2 transmitter when it hops onto the frequency being used).

The probability of two radios sharing the same GUID and falling into the hands of father and son are ifinitesimal.

Unless we're talking about some of the first FASST systems right? :D

I agree... but the whole interference thing sounds similarly unlikely. I'll test and see what I can find.
RCModelReviews

Postby johnkim100530 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:01 pm

New Zealand's winter is long.
johnkim100530

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:19 pm

johnkim100530 wrote:New Zealand's winter is long.

It is around these parts.

It's generally so cold that we have a fire (for heating) for about 8 months of the year and the really warm weather doesn't consistently arrive until late December (equivalent of June in the NH). Temperatures start to drop again by March (Sept in the NH).

We have an international jet meeting here in February (the equivalent of August in the NH) and for the past few years people have had to wear jackets and coats to stay warm on at least one day of the 3-day meeting.

I guess some of this is the much-touted "climate change".
RCModelReviews

Postby Jayshergill » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:41 pm

There is tons of frequency waves around us and there is always interference between devices all of the time, but i never heard of 2.4GHz system have enough of the interference that it won't work.. [meaning your device can not switch to less noisy frequency channel]

So much for the two channel DSSS systems. i guess they are coming down to there end.

One thing you can try doing is switch on your top fire transmitter and receiver first then turn on the Turnigy or try to turn on and off both transmitters couple of times so that way may be they will switch to different 2.4GHz frequency band.

Hey Bruce, still waiting on the actual flight test and range test on the turnigy 9x.
Jayshergill

PreviousNext

Return to 2.4GHz radios/modules/receivers