I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Postby Hallmark » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:43 am

cynr100 wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................... jesting at my expense :o :roll:

Yes the Canadian did get me flying and I will be going back for more this weekend.... ;) The AXN has been repaired. An unsupervised attempt resulted in a contact with power lines, I dodged the other 4 sets of goal posts 6 light towers and a tree line :lol: :lol:

HM, kudos to your missus for the canopy concept.

Scrapping the Raptor project.................... :o ....... :?: :?:

Simply put the Raptor is not an ideal FPV platform for many reasons. Take offs are a pain, tip stalls are unrecoverable and it is too frail where the wings join the fuse. So I am going for an X8 or the new X-10 (from the UK).

Let me know when you're off work and I'll call...

Nice work on missing all that stuff too mate :lol: could have been really bad if you it more than just the lines lmao
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:05 am

Hallmark wrote:Let me know when you're off work and I'll call...

Close of business 2/11/12 until 9/1/13 :lol:
I'll text after work
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby durav » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:04 am

Hi guys,
I've been following this forum/rcmodelreviews for a while now and finally took the plunge and bought everything I needed to get me up and running. To cut a long story short I of course bought the AXN Floater and a Turnigy 9xr. I had some minor issues which kind of turned into major ones that have halted the build process. All my problems have been centred around those damn bolt/nuts that are on the end of the push rods.

The first problem I had was I couldn't remove them from the push rod. The solution to that was to dig deep into my 150 piece drill bit set and find a very unique hex drill bit that was absolutely tiny.... so tiny in fact you can't even tell it's a hex head with the naked eye (well mine at least). That was the only drill bit I could find that would loosen the black screw in the head of the bolt to loosen the tension on the push rod. Once I did this it just slid right off. As a side note... I didn't have a screwdriver adapter to put the hex bit in... I only had a cordless drill. Just a tip for anyone trying to do that with an electric drill... make sure you hold onto the push rod... if the tension is tight on the push rod then the torque of the drill will flick the push rod (bending it) and slice a hole through your plane's cockpit like a hot knife through butter. That was my bad but god damn that fool who put it on so tight in the factory.

The next problem was trying to unscrew the nut from the bolt.... to cut a long story short, the bolt snapped before the nut unscrewed. Now I can't complete my build because I'm down one bolt/nut. I don't even know what the item is called so I can't find a place to buy a new part. :( Anyone able to help me?

Cheers.
durav

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:45 am

Now I can't complete my build because I'm down one bolt/nut

You should find what you need here they have at least two types:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... levis.html
:)
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:01 am

Linkage stoppers are cheap as beans, do you have a local hobby shop (LHS) be quicker and cheaper doing that than waiting for Chinese New Year to be over.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby durav » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:25 am

Thanks guys, went in today and bought a set of 5 for $10. They're a little different (and 1.5mm instead of 2mm... I already drilled a 2mm grrrr) but they should work fine.
durav

Postby cynr100 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:07 am

Hey Bill, are you still having crap weather, your avatar has not changed??
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Hey Bill, are you still having crap weather, your avatar has not changed??

In a word:
Yes!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Hang in there mate, things will improve like they have here, temp below 35c humidity 80-90% and rain less than 10mm daily.
cynr100

Postby GRM » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:25 am

Hi,

I have a Turnigy D2826 2200kv motor and a Turnigy 40A plush speed controller. Can I use these OK in an AXN ?

Thanks in advance for any advice

GRM
GRM

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)