This Way Up to discuss Drones/UAVs on Saturday 12pm.

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Re: This Way Up to discuss Drones/UAVs on Saturday 12pm.

Postby cynr100 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:03 am

Winston wrote:How about something really harmless sounding like BERC (Bird's Eye Radio Control)?

:D :D BERC :lol: :lol:

Sorry Winston (no disrespect meant but) Aussie slang has already got a connotation for that, spelling may not be the same but it could be misleading if one sounds out the acronym.
"What is your hobby?"...................."I like BERCing"................."????????"
"birk" is a semi friendly insult usualy meaning fool or idiot.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Actually the non RC flying populace think that we're a load of birks so maybe he has something!
Mmmmm.... horse meat.....
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby Winston » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:18 pm

cynr100 wrote:
Winston wrote:How about something really harmless sounding like BERC (Bird's Eye Radio Control)?

:D :D BERC :lol: :lol:

Sorry Winston (no disrespect meant but) Aussie slang has already got a connotation for that, spelling may not be the same but it could be misleading if one sounds out the acronym.
"What is your hobby?"...................."I like BERCing"................."????????"
"birk" is a semi friendly insult usualy meaning fool or idiot.

Ha! What are the odds of that, accidentally choosing a derogatory slang term used in another English speaking country. So it's not just England and the US that are countries separated by a common language.

Actually, after posting it, I realized that term might be violating a trademark. Bird's Eye is a frozen foods brand in the US and, I see via Wikipedia, also known in Australia and New Zealand. It was the company that first thought of freezing veggies commercially.

OK, how about SOT (Sensational Onboard Television) or TWIT (Televised Wing-borne Inter-site Travel)?
Winston

Postby cynr100 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:37 am

Winston wrote:OK, how about SOT (Sensational Onboard Television) or TWIT (Televised Wing-borne Inter-site Travel)?

:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: ................ stop it Winston you're killing me ;)

BillGriffiths100 wrote:Mmmmm.... horse meat.....
Be careful of them thar horse burgers, you might end up with the trots :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Previous

Return to FPV