J.R. 7 transmitters.

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

J.R. 7 transmitters.

Postby Solar Pete » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:29 pm

I have a J.R. 7 radio with A.R.7000 receivers and have been happy with the gear.
But recently I have "lost a couple of planes inexplicably, and occasionally we hear of problem sets. It has been rumoured that this model was prone to a problem that has been resolved. This equipment is now 3 years old, what problems If any were there, would my set be included in the problemed production run, and what can be done if necessary to correct them?
I need an authourative answer, as I don't normally respond to rumoured Information.
Solar Pete

Re: J.R. 7 transmitters.

Postby cynr100 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:37 am

AR7000 Rx's a few years ago had low voltage issues, if voltage dropped below 5.35v expect a malfunction. No issues arose when operating at 6v.
Are you using separate Rx power supply or running U/SBEC supply, if you still have enough bits left check what power you are supplying to the Rx's.
I have no experience with this system but had spent hours gleaning info to decide my choice, this was one of the issues.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Re: J.R. 7 transmitters.

Postby Solar Pete » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Thank you cynr100, I had not had this information, and to be honest I have no idea what voltage would actually be reaching the r/x, so will do some research here. I only use 5 channels, and on some of my stuff the orange receivers I used have served well.
Solar Pete

Return to Radios and Servos