Turnigy 9x + FrSky Djt, no servo control

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Re: Turnigy 9x + FrSky Djt, no servo control

Postby moparmuscle1972 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:05 am

hooked up the original module, nothing. i think i've accepted the fact that my 9x is pretty much a brick now. Oh well, i learned a lot from playing inside of it
thanks for you guidance =)
Ty
moparmuscle1972

Postby cynr100 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:14 am

Sad news Ty, the 9X and 9XR are both available without modules and less than $50. The 9Xr has some small issues (see Bruce's review) but will give you easy access to Er9X firmware without modification.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby moparmuscle1972 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:49 am

oh yes, the 9xr! i waited for that to be released for months and held off on getting the 9x; then finally got the 9x only for the 9xr to be released 5 days after haha. it looks to me like a very attractive transmitter but with those "small issues" that might make it feel like an AirHogs controller.
ah, everything in life is a gamble, but i'll probably end up getting one. do you have experience with the 9xr?
moparmuscle1972

Postby cynr100 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:23 am

On the 9xR, no. The issues I refer to were covered in Bruce's vid.
I run a FlySky TH9X, Smartie Parts board, frsky module and Er9x firmware. The Flysky brand is the mother of Turnigy, Eurgle, Imax 9x's, I bought it because the Turnigy was not available and I have not looked back.
My next purchase would be the 9xR for 3 reasons only........... price, Er9X ready and no modification to use Frsky modules.
The cheap look and dodgy trim switches I could live with.
Last edited by cynr100 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Don't give up just yet,
open the TX and check for loose connections plugs properly in etc, look all over the boards for a fleck of solder or anything else amiss.
If all fails don't chuck the TX keep it for spares.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby moparmuscle1972 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:00 pm

hehe i could never have a heart to throw out such fine equipment. maybe i'll try a sky9x motherboard, looks like it'd be a definite improvement to me
moparmuscle1972

Previous

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks