Fr Sky Hack module connections to Graupner MC 24

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Re: Fr Sky Hack module connections to Graupner MC 24

Postby kneedrag » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:48 am

ccc on the parkflyers forum converted his one complete with a big red missile launch switch to switch between FrSky and the FlyDream modules he has. If you don't come right let me know and I will bribe him with some German beer to open his up and take some photos of the mod.
kneedrag

Postby crash » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:10 am

Thanks Hutton and others, I have successfully hooked it up as per the Fly Dream link.

I found a 5 socket connector to place onto the module point pins and hooked it up.

So far so good.

Now for the problem! I have had a couple of lockouts which I have not had on my other FR Sky module and RX.

The only way to get it to Re-connect is to switch off the RX and and on again and it rebinds almost instantly. But I can't switch it on an on when it is in the air!

So I will check that the RX is not a dud and take it from there. Idea's anyone? Bruce? Hutton?

At present with testing binding is almost instant :-) But after a few minutes the rx comes up with a Red and Green light and stops working. Don't like this at all?

By swithching on and off brings it back on line or by rebinding, but it has again locked out several times. So I am not keen to use it on anything expensive till I can find out what is going on? Pretty straight forward hook up in the TX so I am wondering if it is the RX?

I am really happy withthis FR Sky system and I have yet to see a bad report on it anywhere, so this is a little stange.

Suggestions, Maybe I will call the FR Sky boys here in OZ.

So thats where I am at so far.

Cheers

Crash
crash

Postby kneedrag » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:13 am

Do you have another rx to bind and see if the same thing happens? or binding it to your other FrSky module which you have indicated you have. That should eliminate if it is a rx or module issue.

Other thing to check I have had a couple of customers go ooo this rx is not working then check the battery pack they are binding with is not charged enough so it binds and then does random things.
kneedrag

Postby crash » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:40 am

All looking good so far from teh distributors in Australia.

The boys from Extreme RC here in Australia have been very helpful.

I have spoken to Mark and he has asked for it to be returned so he can check it personally. Now that is what I call service.

Mark from Extreme did not want me to risk flying it so will sort it all out and send a replacement if needed.

So I would ay I am very happy with the outcome.

The hookup was easy and thanks to all that suggested methods of plugging into the RX module base.

Shortly I will be hooking up a a dual RX setup so I have a half system redundancy.

Many thanks and now for the next challenge.

Chris
crash

Postby baner » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi Peeps The
2.4GHz V8 8ch system Hack Module from Frsky is not a two-way Radio System so are they bringing out a two-way Hack Module or have I got this wrong. http://www.frsky-rc.com/products.asp
baner

Previous

Return to Radios and Servos