FPV bixler 2

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Re: FPV bixler 2

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:54 pm

I used the reinforced tape over my strips. It gives a good surface to glue your wing retaining hooks to as well. I opened up the servos and cut and re-soldered the wires...
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby Bio Hazzard » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:01 am

The problem is the bixler 2 doesn't actually fit into my car's boot, but I am really tempted to glue the wings in anyway and just strap the plane to my roof :lol:
Bio Hazzard

Postby Bio Hazzard » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:01 am

Man I thought my video tx had fried after that crash as several tests should nothing but a black screen, but recently the light shined through and I was able to get video on from it!!!! All the internal parts for the FPV system seem to be good and working. The other mod I'll be doing before I fly again is adding large landing wheels to the bottom so I can do ground takeoffs.
Bio Hazzard

Postby cynr100 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Bio Hazzard wrote:The other mod I'll be doing before I fly again is adding large landing wheels to the bottom so I can do ground takeoffs.

Like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMrcWHJLpd0
http://othfpv.com.au/Penguin-Advanced-M ... r-RTF.html
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Bio Hazzard » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:41 pm

I know I should have bought a penguin, but if the bixler 2 ends up working out I'll have done the same thing I would have done with the penguin for half the price. And the wheels I'm adding are for actual taxing, whereas the penguin simply uses glider styled wheels or should I say wheel.
Bio Hazzard

Postby Bio Hazzard » Wed May 01, 2013 10:40 am

Man after folding the wings on my bixler I was kinda scared to stick the new ones on trying to fly again. Anyway after ordering the parts for my bixler I checked the video system again (before ordering the parts the vtx wasn't working so I ordered a new one) upon plugging it in I found it indeed was working. So when the parts for my bixler came I got to thinking about what I would use the spare vtx I had ordered for. After some thought I decided to whack up a simple FPV system on my AXN to train myself and give myself experience before trying to fly the larger bixer. My setup is really really really simple, all I've done is wired the vtx to my main battery through a balance extension lead (the reason I used a balance extension lead was so I would still have another end to stick my tiny battery meter on which beeps when its time to land) the camera is a HD 808 #16 keychain camera, as bruce points out in his recent video about it the quality isn't that great and it makes it hard to fly at sunset / sunrise. My ground station consists of a long pole (bought from bunnings) with the vrx on top, an easy cap plugged into my laptop, my laptop is encased in a box at which I acquired from bunnings for free. When I have more time I will do a bigger write up and maybe even start a tut. for beginnings getting into FPV! Also on my second flight by the time I got out it was getting pretty late but I flew anyway, I was almost practically night flying, I mean I was night flying. The lights from the nearby stadiums lit my path, and I landed via LOS using my LED light system installed on my AXN which made it possible to land (it was REALLY dark) Anyway guess me not crashing was just beginners luck :P Videos to come soon!!!
Bio Hazzard

Postby cynr100 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:41 am

Nothing to do with beginners luck Bio, the LEDs and stadium lights were there for a reason............................weren't they!!!!
Well done.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Bio Hazzard » Wed May 01, 2013 12:45 pm

Well, yes. But the fact I even considered flying in those conditions on ONLY my 2nd flight was amazing. Every fiber in my body was like "you don't want to lose the plane tonight, head home" It was mainly the bright lights from the gabba that guided me, so I would head one way then when I got closer to the lights I would head back and play it kinda like a game of ping-pong :P But it really surprised me when I looked up back at the plane to do a los landing how dark it was, if I hadn't turned on the LED strips on the plane (which are located along the wings) I wouldn't have been able to land and I might have just as well said goodbye to the plane. Next time I fly that late at night I'll probably place lights on the field and make a mock up run way just like at the real airports :lol:
Bio Hazzard

Postby Bio Hazzard » Thu May 02, 2013 9:21 am

Bio Hazzard

Postby cynr100 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:03 am

:lol: :lol: ! looked at that this morning as a subscriber, forgot that was you :P
Nice job. 8-)
cynr100

PreviousNext

Return to FPV