Hero 3 wiring will this work?

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Hero 3 wiring will this work?

Postby highalpha » Wed May 01, 2013 1:23 am

Despite all the videos around on youtube and being no expert on electrical stuff can anyone tell me if this will work. I have the lead from New Generation Hobbies for the gopro which has audio, video and ground. I didn't think it would need ground as the gopro is powered by it's own battery. If the video signal does need a ground will connecting it this way somehow backfeed power through the ground into the gopro and fry it? BTW I'm not electrical diagram maker either.
Attachments
wiring diagram.jpg
wiring diagram.jpg (65.58 KiB) Viewed 13823 times
highalpha

Re: Hero 3 wiring will this work?

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:54 am

Ground connection is required to reference the signals otherwise they will float relative to the rest of the system with strange results. There will be no feedback of damaging voltages through the audio and video from the transmitter as they are relatively high impedance and are inputs not outputs.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:36 am

This is interesting, for those wanting to use the GoPro for their FPV camera
http://flitetest.com/articles/GoPro3_FP ... _Cable_DIY
The "new" cable seems better suited for flight rather than GoPro's regular lead.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby highalpha » Wed May 01, 2013 9:58 pm

That's awsome thanks heaps for that. I now have peace of mind, much appreciated.
highalpha

Return to FPV