Fatshark Attitude problems...please assist..

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Fatshark Attitude problems...please assist..

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Tue May 07, 2013 4:34 pm

It really sounds like a problem with the fatshark gear is there some guarantee or service option?
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Wed May 08, 2013 3:01 am

BillGriffiths100 wrote:It really sounds like a problem with the fatshark gear is there some guarantee or service option?

Something like this:
"You are welcome to send the entire camera/TX/cable harness to either our Canadian or UK service center and they will get it working for you (contact me via PM on FPV labs to arrange)."

Pugs, take up the offer mate what have you got to loose.................. postage and a system that doesn't work.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby pugs2300 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:43 pm

well the goggles still work....and thats the main part...i can always get another Tx/Rx and still use the goggles...my wonderful wife actually ordered me another Fatshark Tx....which i kinda wish she hadn't done simply because i was going to get away from the brand but i can't deny the fact that, that was awesome of her....only problem is im not sure that is the problem....i am positive that the problem is either the Tx or the Rx but m not sure which.....heres a question for you guys...can i buy the internal receiver that is in the attitudes if they need replacing...
pugs2300

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:11 pm

I think Bruce covered this in one of his videos on his rc reviews channel
here's on of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJDD_EBzxpI
I seem to remember something about the RX in the goggles in one of the videos if it's not in this one look through the others about fatshark, I'm sure it's in one of them.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby pugs2300 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:11 pm

well i just got my new 600mW Tx in the mail....wife must have ordered it next day air or something....
surprisingly it is smaller than the 250mW that came with my attitude set....
i figured it would be larger....strange...
pugs2300

Postby cynr100 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:07 pm

Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby pugs2300 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 pm

well it must be the receiver.....i tried the new Vtx yesterday and it does the same thing...i guess im out of the fpv game at least for a while...can't afford a receiver right now and don't think i can even buy one separately from the goggles anyhow....ill have to get an external one when funds allow....i just hope that fixes the problem when i do get it....how common is if for the Vrx to screw up anyhow...i figured if anything it would be the Tx....idk....starting to get discouraged...
pugs2300

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:44 pm

It was logical to suspect the TX but maybe that distracted you from the goggles , follow the instructions in the link Dennis sent you and take the goggles apart, check for loose connections dry joints or bits of wire or blobs of solder in the wrong place. Just unplugging and re-plugging the boards in the goggles may cure the problem, a lot of problems in electronics are caused by connectors.

BillGriffiths100

Postby Keith » Sat May 11, 2013 11:04 am

I have a lipo charger that refuses to work sometimes. I found an easy fix.
I put it in the deep freeze for ten minutes or so, works every time...?
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sat May 11, 2013 12:40 pm

I put it in the deep freeze for ten minutes or so, works every time...?

Hmm not very practical sticking your head in the freezer to fly..... your charger problem is probably due to a dry joint as well.

BillGriffiths100

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)