Fatshark Attitude problems...please assist..

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Fatshark Attitude problems...please assist..

Postby Keith » Sat May 11, 2013 1:50 pm

Probably, but there is no way I can open it up. The screws are star shaped and have a pin sticking up in the middle. I have star shaped tips but none with a hole in the centre. Tried drilling one with fine drill bit but no luck. I have a few driver sets with lots of different bits but have never seen any like these. They are really tamper proof...
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sat May 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Sun May 12, 2013 3:25 am

Here you go, from Fort Wayne, Indiana, just around the corner from you and cheap as chips.
http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/2309491 ... eItemTypes

I bought a set of these sometime ago, never understood the hole in the middle, now I know.

I'sa gunna go tamperin' now eh :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Keith » Sun May 12, 2013 4:31 am

Thanks guys... A lot easier to find when you know the correct name....

Just ordered these...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/33PC-Hole-Ho ... 56549c2610
Keith

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun May 12, 2013 8:48 am

"33PC Hole Hollow Torx Star Hex Security Tamperproof Screwdriver / Drill Bits"
That lot should cover it!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Sun May 12, 2013 10:52 am

cynr100 wrote:Here you go, from Fort Wayne, Indiana, just around the corner from you and cheap as chips.
http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/2309491 ... eItemTypes

I bought a set of these sometime ago, never understood the hole in the middle, now I know.

I'sa gunna go tamperin' now eh :lol:

This flu is really buggering up my synapses, thought I was responding to Pugs in the US not Keith in Vic................Fort Wayne Indiana........... :lol: :lol:
bet you thought I as a nutter :shock: :roll: :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun May 12, 2013 12:01 pm

bet you thought I as a nutter :shock: :roll: :lol:

Just a Cynr moment.

BillGriffiths100

Postby Keith » Sun May 12, 2013 1:44 pm

cynr100 wrote:
cynr100 wrote: bet you thought I as a nutter :shock: :roll: :lol:

Nah, didn't look that far into it, went straight to your link then fleabay....

Never thought I would see them as I thought the screws were unique to the company that made them cos I had never seen them before...
Keith

Postby pugs2300 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:22 pm

i ordered a receiver to try....sold some stuff on ebay to cover it...lol..
oh and on those tamer proof screws....usually you can just take a small screw driver and snap the little pin out of the center of them and use a regular bit...thats what i do anyhow..usually the will snap right off....
ill let you guys know how the new receiver works out...i should get it today...
pugs2300

Postby pugs2300 » Wed May 15, 2013 2:00 pm

well guys...it was the receiver...after i hooked up the new external receiver everything worked fine....
and even better news....i took the advice of taking apart the goggles and inspecting the internal one and fixed it as well...
im not sure what i did to fix it honestly....i just wiggled it around and looked for the usual problems...bad solder joints and things....didn't see any problems so i put everything back together and low and behold it worked....now im just scared its gonna screw up mid flight....maybe ill just use the external one to minimize that risk....but anyhow thanks for the help guys...now that this problem is finally solved i would like to say that although i am still over all happy with the fatshark goggles this has been a pain...and the treatment i received from the fat shark rep on the fpvlab forums has really put a bad taste in my mouth....i don't plan on buying any more of their products....thanks for the help..
pugs2300

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)