Quadcopter with zero microprocessor :D

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Quadcopter with zero microprocessor :D

Postby cynr100 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:42 am

ayadabd000 wrote:How can I know that a motor will have a good thrust to lift the quad?

There is a long and convoluted formula to work out thrust, the most difficult is to do with prop ratios. There are so many variables ( like the Manning formula for hydraulic flows) that it could be easier to trial some physical tests.
Construct a motor test bed with prop and place on a set of electronic scales ( 0-2kg would be best) run the setup in reverse and measure the down thrust according to the scale. try a variation of props and motor speeds, have a watt meter in the loop to calculate power consumption.
Try something like http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... hless.html
As Bill said you may have to gear down the motor for improved torque, or experiment with small diameter props that can handle the high KV to produce thrust required.
A minimum thrust to weight ratio of 2:1 is considered best for a quad.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby cynr100 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:47 am

BillGriffiths100 wrote:
1 brushed motor spinning a weight wheel in the vertical plane and 1 brushed motor spinning a weight wheel in the horizontal plane.

I think you could get weird procession effects with that

Hence my recommendation to stand back :lol: I'm just working on a theory to get it off the ground as no flight plan is indicated :mrgreen:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:17 am

no flight plan is indicated :mrgreen:

Hmmm......
When the rockets are up,
who cares where they come down,
it's the same to me says Werner von Den!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:49 am

BillGriffiths100 wrote:
no flight plan is indicated :mrgreen:

Hmmm......
When the rockets are up,
who cares where they come down,
it's the same to me says Werner von Den!

I thought I had a bit more couth, more like Henry Wadsworth Longden....................ROTFLMAO :lol:
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:07 pm

Henry Wadsworth Longden

Henry Wadsworth Longden great shades of Glitchey Manito! Minnehaha :P
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Here we go again........... :lol: :mrgreen:
cynr100

Previous

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)