where are the New videos/reviews

Do you have any general comments on the website or the RCModelReviews YouTube Channel? Post your complaints, your suggestions and your opinions here.

where are the New videos/reviews

Postby Topgun77 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:12 am

I realise that Bruce may be busy doing other things. I hear he is working on another project of his.
Some kind of collision avoidance system.
I just wish he wouldn't promise to do videos and then leave people who have followed and supported him hanging.
I did some research on Bruce. He has had some problems recently but I also found many people have negative feedback on him. Basically he just cares about himself. Do the research yourself.
I have mixed feeling about this.
I like many people have bought a 9xr and Frsky DIY and am waiting for his video on how to install it which he promised
Quite a while ago. If he is busy fine, just let us know.
Topgun77

Re: where are the New videos/reviews

Postby jbcoop » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:37 am

I think you need to realise that Bruce doesn't have what you probably have, a job with money rolling in. What you see is not a hobby, although I would say it is his passion. The video reviews you see are time extensive to make, and take him away from his projects that may bring him in some money. (Yes I know he gets a little bit from youtube stuff.) He is NOT promising videos and then going off fishing for the weekend or going down to the pub for a few quiet ones. What you are asking for is the equivalent of asking a builder to stop building a house (and earning an income) so he can build you a shed in your garden for free.

You are right that he over promises, but he does so with good intentions. It is not his fault he needs to earn money. He has stated many times that he won't accept Government handouts, i.e. welfare, and I'm sure he won't unless there is literally no option. Until then he tries hard to provide for himself and wife. But lets be clear, he has to concentrate on the things that will bring in some money. He is also active in other areas. Check out his other web site http://www.aardvark.co.nz/. This takes up some of his time too.

Your statement "... I also found many people have negative feedback on him. Basically he just cares about himself. Do the research yourself." shows me that you haven't properly read up about him. In fact it shows that you totally have no idea about him at all. If you did then you would feel embarrassed at your choice of words.

He does, however, accept donations through paypal which he puts to use in buying gear to test. That might help him get some stuff out.

John
jbcoop

Postby Topgun77 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:33 pm

First of all when I said "He only cares about himself" it was a summary of some things I found about him. Some people have quite bad comments about him. Then again some people say good things about him. I am not sure which ones to believe and hence why I said I have mixed feelings and to do the research yourself. My previous comments may have came out more negative than I intended. I am just frustrated about waiting for videos he promises. He does have a following so when he makes statements on his videos I feel he has enough of a following that he has a responsibility to either deliver or let us know that he will not be. Like I said if he is busy fine, as you said he has to earn his money. That's no problem at all. Of course he needs to look after himself and his family. That is not my issue. The issue I have is that he built up this website and got a following. Hence if he can't deliver don't say or if he is busy with other activities let us know. Things come up and that's fine.
Its just frustrating waiting for something that he said he was going to do. A short message saying he is currently busy with other things and not be able to do certain videos is all I wanted rather than just nothing at all.
Anyhow I really did not wat to be to negative. I have got great info from him.
Topgun77

Postby Keith » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:37 pm

I have been following him for a few years now and have got some good information. I have made the odd donation here and there when he really helped me. He is good at what he does, when he does it. After a few disappointments I tend to take him with a pinch of salt now. If he delivers all well and good but I do not hold my breath waiting for his follow up anymore...!

I think his time and efforts are going to be taken up with the new forum he is now setting up...
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby cynr100 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:02 am

Plus 1 there Keith.

There is still a lot of "old" information that Bruce has supplied over the years, anything that helps is worth a donation. One of the longstanding "gunna doos" is the Packback but some guys on this forum have taken it upon themselves to not whinge but to have a go and complete their own project and updating this forum with their results.
Best think of this forum as a facilitator of ideas rather than a knowledge bank exclusive to Bruce, it could be that Dad has kicked the kids out of home it's time they looked after themselves!!

Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:13 am

Bruce is like all of us a flawed human being, I'm sure we have all promised things we've never made good on, and taken on too much with good intentions. Like Dennis says he has kick started a lot of projects and people have taken over and finished them for themselves.
Having said that the 9xr is very similar to the 9x that Bruce did a video showing how to install the Frsky DIY module, the pin outs for the module will be the same for the 9xr and he also has a video showing how to dis-assemble the 9xr.
Putting two and two together you have everything you need to do the job.
Personally I would just fit an Frsky module for a few dollars more, 30 seconds job done. :)
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby Keith » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:43 pm

My biggest disappointment was the FPV goggles he was going to make from a welding hood/mask. He even showed the eye alignment device he had ordered for it. One day maybe...
Keith

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Hey Keith,
If that's your biggest disappointment you must have lived a wonderful life!
Still I know what you mean, my first post on this forum was to ask him to do the tutorial on the software upgrade on the 9x! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=591&p=5446#p5446
That never happened so I was forced to do it, from that I went on to discover how easy it was to program the Atmel processor and programming a few projects with them since!
Logically following this line of thought soon you too will be wearing a wielding hood!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby Keith » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:22 am

Sorry Bill, I meant with anticipated expectations from Bruce, not my life in general. Things rarely go the way they were meant to.

Like most people if someone wants to take me by the hand and show me the way then I'm all for it. Although there is more satisfaction when you achieve your goals yourself....
Keith

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:10 am

Sorry Keith,
Not serious, just trying to be funny and add a post to this otherwise postlessness!

BillGriffiths100

Next

Return to Feedback on this website