Futaba trainer switch

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Futaba trainer switch

Postby hohocc » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:35 am

I've got an old Futaba 7UAPS, about the only switch that ever gets used on it is the trainer switch, so naturally it has broken off! It looks very similar to the snap roll switch so I'm considering swapping that over as a plan B, plan A would be to try to get a new switch. Does anybody have any suggestions on where I might get a new identical one, or failing that a new equivalent that might look different but still work. I'm in New Zealand if that's of any relevance.
Thanks!
hohocc

Re: Futaba trainer switch

Postby iflylilplanes » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:37 am

Try a company called Global PC in Christchurch they are the agents for Altronics, I purchased a trainer switch for a home made TX that works perfectly, not as long as the standard switch but dose the job. Altronics are online here...

http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp

hope this helps
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

Dead Stick Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
iflylilplanes

Postby deaconFlyer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:41 am

HobbyKing is offering parts for its 9XR radios, including the switches. My trainer switch broke and the replacement was a Futaba part from a hobby shop ... at a very high price. The same switch is available from HK at a fraction of the cost (even with the shipping it is still cheaper).
----
Luke 6:38
deaconFlyer

Postby hohocc » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Thanks for the quick replies, they both sound like great lines of inquiry. Sounds like I may as well leave the snap roll switch where it is and getting a new trainer switch should be pretty straightforward.
Appreciate the help!
hohocc

Postby deaconFlyer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:24 am

HK is not showing the trainer at the moment. There were dozens on eBay.
----
Luke 6:38
deaconFlyer

Postby quarry44 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:58 pm

I actually got a couple of new switches from Jaycars.They have round toggles instead of flat,but I'm not a purist.At the time I replaced them,Futaba switches were available,but the price was $77 each!I paid less than 10 for the two from Jaycars.
quarry44

Postby quarry44 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:59 pm

darn it,i now see this post is 3 months old!How did it come up under "new posts".Weird.
quarry44

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:48 am

quarry44 wrote:darn it,i now see this post is 3 months old!How did it come up under "new posts".Weird.

So it's October where you are what's happened since July sports fixtures etc if you could send a detailed list of stock prices change etc that would also be appreciated! :D
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby quarry44 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:43 pm

I'll just go'n check my crystal ball,Bill.BRB.:D
quarry44

Postby hohocc » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:46 am

I ended up buying the switch panel for a turnigy 9xr from hobbyking with the gear and trainer switches on it. For anybody else doing this the 9xr trainer switch is almost identical to the futaba switch, and the whole panel with switches was about $12NZ including post. No doubt if I break the gear switch in the future it'll be a carbon copy of the futaba too!
Thanks for the advice.
hohocc

Return to Radios and Servos