Aurora 9 by Hitec

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Aurora 9 by Hitec

Postby BBBAIR » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:58 pm

I have been visiting the 'Flying Giants' website and I have seen a large thread that detail a number of problems with the Aurora 9 transmitter. Planes have been lost, stories told and there is a lot of speculation that there are software problems... :shock: :?:

I have been using the Hitec Eclipse 7 - 72 MHz for over five years. Then I converted to the 2.4 GHz module three years ago, I have had NO problems... :?:

IS there a problem with the new A9s?

What should we be looking for if we plan to upgrade to the New Hitec transmitters? :?
BBBAIR

Re: Aurora 9 by Hitec

Postby BBBAIR » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:05 am

BBBAIR

Re: Aurora 9 by Hitec

Postby A.T. » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:15 am

[quote="BBBAIR" ]I have been visiting the 'Flying Giants' website and I have seen a large thread that detail a number of problems with the Aurora 9 transmitter. Planes have been lost, stories told and there is a lot of speculation that there are software problems... :
I have been using the Hitec Eclipse 7 - 72 MHz for over five years.
Then I converted to the 2.4 GHz module three years ago, I have had NO problems...
IS there a problem with the new A9s?
What should we be looking for if we plan to upgrade to the New Hitec transmitters?
[/quote]

The 2.4Ghz module used in the Aurora 9 and the transceivers are no different to the Hitec Spectra 2.4Ghz module used with your Eclipse 7.
Users can swap the module, when training etc, between the Aurora 9, Eclipse 7, Optic 6, Prism 7X without having to re-link the respective models.

Many such threads, as quoted above, are promoted by a few with a bad experience.
The reason for which is often of their own making.
A problem with many such old threads is that they do not go away once a resolution has been found, as was done early on in that instance:
After Market Accessories - Ignition Systems, Leads, Modules & Switches - Cautions.
If you read the last posts of that thread, the greater majority of individuals report no problems at all.

In the same forum are three other threads regarding the Aurora 9 and the newer Aurora 9X, the main thread being
Hitec Aurora 9 announced
Full details and comparison between the Aurora 9 and Aurora 9X can be found:
Aurora 9X - Now in USA - FAQ
which provides full history and FAQ regarding the 9X to date.

see also:
Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers_Receivers & Telemetry,
- FAQ, Setups & Tips [SIZE="1"] {Individual Links often updated} [/SIZE]

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T.

Return to Radios and Servos