Turnigy 9X: Right Stick Very Stiff

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

Turnigy 9X: Right Stick Very Stiff

Postby yaglaser » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:06 pm

I fly mode 2 (elevator and ailerons on right stick) and I adjusted the tension of the stick successfully; however, since doing this the stick is all but jammed. Movement is fine, right to left; but up and down it just stays were ever you leave it. I have tried adjusting the screw and have even removed it; but the stick movement remains all but solid.

Any ideas/suggestions/solutions would be much appreciated.
yaglaser

Re: Turnigy 9X: Right Stick Very Stiff

Postby cynr100 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:31 am

Silly question but are all springs/spring plates still in place. You also might try the smallest amount of lithium grease to rubbing parts.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:05 am

Glad to see on the openrcforums you fixed it!
I couldn't remember quite what happened when I fixed mine but it's a warning to others not to try increasing the spring tension with the tensioners as you would expect, but to use stronger springs instead. :D
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby yaglaser » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:16 pm

Yes, I've fixed it. Thanks for your input, and thanks cynr100.

I'm not going to attempt adjusting the tension again!

Just got to solder some wires back on, but that'll be a doddle compared to the problem that I had with the stick.

Cheers.
yaglaser

Postby cynr100 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:42 am

Hi Bill, how's the "old" country, don't spend too much time here anymore mostly on the Aussie link for RC Groups.
Have to make a point of checking regularly. Spending alot of time smashing and fixing my foamies, love slope soaring with my AXN (now dead :-() and am getting heavily into multi rotors.

Yaglaser glad to be of assistance.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:00 am

Well if you mean by the old country the fascist state of Britannia/Europa puppet of Americana run by the sons and daughters of the Mafia.
The ministry of truth won't allow me to express my views on that subject without me being subject to involuntary incarceration without trial.
So I'll just say everything is fine!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Ah....!! so the Tower is still working and not a museum then.

Our muppets are going through the last throws of election promises, all will be back to normal on 7/9. Broken promises, he said she said, "Oh we didn't realise there was no money left in Treasury so we've had to cancel 9 of our 10 budgetary promises" and "to bring us in to line with somewhere else on the planet we have to tax thought processes because they are affecting climate change".

I don't even vote donkey anymore, I just don't turn up. Defeatist I know but I'm not going through the whole party enlistment trial to try and make a change, I'd be either tainted or dead by the time I got to parliament.

I'll stick with my aeronautical hobbies, much more fun :lol:
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:25 pm

don't spend too much time here anymore mostly on the Aussie link for RC Groups

Yes and I see you have promoted yourself to Biomass processor, it had to happen! :lol:

BillGriffiths100

Return to Help Needed