(for Bruce) a mini-Quad at under $40

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

(for Bruce) a mini-Quad at under $40

Postby MojoMaestro » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:30 am

I went on Youtube and my suggested videos was one of a simple X-Quadcopter,
i'm not too much into multirotors but this one caught my eye because of the reviews and the price
only : $36.98 USD or $42.99 USD for the upgraded version.
I got several models but i always got them on sale
or mainly because they're low priced, for example the mini-cuckoo balsa plane complete set
(kit,prop,motor,ESC,battery,servos) all included for $20, wich i got 4 time this model
because just the electronics are worth more then $20. ;)

The target of interest is called the
Hubsan X4 (H107), it's a RTF but it also comes in BNF.
Here's the video that lead me to buy it.
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHr2ySJo7mc

NOTA:
    1-the included transmitter has Dual Rates, High rate set at 90%
    & low rate at 50% (better set it at 45%).

2- it is not a Traxxas QR-1 clone, actually the Hubsan X4 was on the
    market before the Traxxas X-1, both Traxxas & Hubsan share the same provider on this one.

You have different versions:

-H107 the standad version
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-H107-Hubsan-X4-2_4GHz-4CH-RC-Remote-Control-Quadcopter-p-59211.html

-H107L the upgraded version
http://www.banggood.com/Upgrade-Hubsan-X4-H107-2_4G-4CH-Remote-Control-RC-Quadcopter-p-71838.html

-H107C the imbeded camera version
http://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-X4-H107C-2_4G-4CH-RC-Quadcopter-With-Camera-Mode-2-RTF-p-75824.html

& here's a video (unboxing & review)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqNDWPjoQIk

Aside of the price, a great buying factor is that a multitude of parts are available.
Also different color canopies, props, etc.

So i got me the upgraded version H107L with the 5x 380mah battery, charging cable, extra screws &
a tool to remove the props, all for under $65 USD. :!:
I never shopped before at Banggood.com but it's like DealExtreme but with much more RC choice.
lots of 4ch helis & many quads. parts very very cheap example: 30A ESC (no brand) $6.80 USD
& it's free shipping.

Many videos are available on Youtube; unboxing, reviews, mods, etc.

I tought of posting this topic because Bruce loves his Ladybug,
almost married to it, maybe now he can have an exciting mistress LOL.

:D Enjoy

P.S. I posted this topic here in the beginners section because there is "multirotor" section yet.
Last edited by MojoMaestro on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VERUS AMICUS EST TANQUAM ALTER IDEM

Heli : Xieda 9958/Falcon 400 3D (Edge body)/EXI 450 ZL pro/EXI 500 CF/T-Rex 600 ESP (Airwolf body).
Plane : AXN Floater Jet (mod)/Cessna 182 (mod)/Mini-Saturn 3D/Mini-Cuckoo (4 times)/DIY Sky Riders Spartan EDF
MojoMaestro

Re: (for Bruce) a mini-Quad at under $40

Postby MojoMaestro » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:18 pm

Since i got no replies after almost 11 seconds, i will add some details
(guys this topic is not only for Bruce, U can reply of course)

Hubsan H107L X4 Mini Drone (2.4Ghz Edition)
Hubsan-Heli-H107L

Most Beautiful, Futuristic and Smallest Drone Ever
Presenting the Hubsan H107L "X4" Mini Drone
The H107L "X4" looks like something from the future, the color scheme and the decals are gorgeous, it really look like professional drone, it's a joy seeing it fly =). Bare in mind that this drone is "smaller" than your palm, it performs so well, extremely stable, no matter you take off from flat surface or launch directly from your hand, it still flies very well. Thanks to the light weight and one piece plastic main frame it is also very durable. We crash the drone into the wall and to the ground many times, still nothing is broken, we can say this "X4" drone is a pretty good choice for beginners. Came Ready-to-Fly out of box, standard 4-Channel 2.4Ghz transmitter is included, the Drone is rechargeable with USB cable, and best of all, the stunning price tag, it gotta be one of the best toy for yourself and your kids. Get it now, it flies better than you think =)

>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0LUEkqkcRo <<<

6-Axis Gyro made this possible
For something this small to hover stably, it has to have devices to help. The built-in 6-Axis gyro does the job for you.

H107L can do rolling
Take her high and do a flip!

One little hint...
Do not daydream when flying Quadcopter, because you may lost orientation, because it looks the same in every angle. =)

One whole plastic main frame
The drone is so light weight, and the single piece plastic frame provides extra durability, the drone can survive many crash.

Real palm size drone
Even smaller than the Walkera Ladybird... (wow... that's progress....)

Standard Mode 2 2.4Ghz Transmitter
Playing Mode 2 transmitter is good for you, as this is the standard control method on RC helicopters, so if you have good skill on this drone, you should be able to play RC helicopter later with no problem. (But please remember, Quadcopter are usually more stable than RC helicopters)

Out of box Read-to-Fly package!!
We love this kind of package, simply charge the Drone battery, power up the transmitter and fly right the way, no trouble setup stuff.

Facts about the Hubsan H107L "X4" Min Drone
1. Motor (x4) : Coreless Motor
2. Frequency : 2.4GHz
3. With 4 channels
4. Battery: 3.7V
5. Capacity : 240mAh
6. Flight time : above 9 minutes
7. Charging time : 30 minutes
8. Latest 6-axis flight control system with adjustable gyro sensitivity
9. Permits super stable flight
10. Lightweight airframe with nice durability
11. 4 directions (left , right , forward , backward)
12. USB charging cable allows to charge by computer.
13. Flying indoor / outdoor

HeliPal.com Checks and Calibrates Every Single Helicopter Before Shipping!
Do you know how important is it? Trust me, it is VERY IMPORTANT!
Many online sellers don't check and calibrate their products at all because it requires experienced rc pilots and it is very time consuming as well. Helipal.com team checks & calibrates every helicopters, Battery and Battery Charger to ensure everything is in good condition!
This is a very interesting product, no matter you are a beginner or expert, it just makes you happy, and viewers smile beside you.

Heli : Xieda 9958/Falcon 400 3D (Edge body)/EXI 450 ZL pro/EXI 500 CF/T-Rex 600 ESP (Airwolf body).
Plane : AXN Floater Jet (mod)/Cessna 182 (mod)/Mini-Saturn 3D/Mini-Cuckoo (4 times)/DIY Sky Riders Spartan EDF
MojoMaestro

Re: (for Bruce) a mini-Quad at under $40

Postby MojoMaestro » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:26 pm

Now it's been 19 seconds with no replies.
So i'll add more info.

Description:
Brand Name: Hubsan
Item No.H107L
Item Name: Upgraded Hubsan X4 RC Quadcopter
Motor (x4): Coreless Motor
Frequency: 2.4GHz
Battery: 3.7V 240mAh
Flight time: above 9 minutes
Charging time:30 minutes

Features:
Latest 6-axis flight control system with adjustable gyro sensitivity
Permits super stable flight
Lightweight airframe with nice durability
4-ways flip(left,right,forward,backward)
USB charging cable allows to charge by computer.
Flying both indoor and outdoor

New Huban x4 VS Old Hubsan X4:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Difference.............|.............New Hubsan X4................................................|............Old Hubsan X4
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
LED.....................|.............add 4pcs LED for much batter night flight.................|..............None
Soft pad...............|.............add 4pcs soft pads act as a cushion to protect ...........|..............None
.........................|..............your X4 in sudden or misoperation........................|..................................
Oscillator..............|.......................SMT oscillator......................................|............DIP oscillator
Anti-flip...............|.............add anti-flip function in expert mode to..................|.....................................
........................|..............strengthen the performance...............................|............N/A
Distance between....|.............Distance has shortened,protect the motor...............|.....................................
motor and rotor......|.............from loosing after a crash (0.0mm).....................|..........1.8mm
The R/C's control distance......|...........100m (330 feet).................................|...........30m (100 feet)
Cover..................|.........add protection cover,which can protect the rotor blades...|.....................................
.........................|...........from crashing into the wall or floor upside down..........|............None
Material ...............|........reinforced Hi-tech composite plastic..........................|.........Standard

Package Includes(H107):

1 x The Hubsan X4 RC Quadcopter
1 x 2.4G 4 Channel Transmitter
1 x USB Charging Cable
1 x Li-Po Battery

Package Includes(H107L):

1 x Upgraded Hubsan X4 H107 RC Quadcopter
1 x transmitter
1 x USB Charging Cable
1 x 3.7V 240mAh Li-Po Battery
1 x Extra blade set

MojoMaestro

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)