My DJI F450 Quad w/Naza M Lite +GPS

Talk about helicopter airframes, rotors, heads etc.

My DJI F450 Quad w/Naza M Lite +GPS

Postby Jolly-Swagman » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:09 am

Well decided I will join the "Naza Quad Crew" for the Controller on My DJI F450 Quad.

First off while I waited for the Naza to arrived I got the New Turnigy 9XR with the FrSKY DJT Telemetry Module

all set up, and also installed the TX Stand to the back of 9XR, which also protects the FrSky Module

Custom battery Connection Lead so as not to get damaged when removing/closing battery Compartment

Also Installed er9X software in TX and customised the Boot Screen Logo

I also made some New Aluminium Landing Legs for the Quad

Now the DJI F450 with Naza, Custom Alu Landing Legs, and Custom GPS Mount Pole

Video's to come , Maiden flight was Awesome, though I didnt get any Footage as Stupid me in all the excitement forgot to put Memory media card back in Camera :roll:

All in all I can say " Naza M Lite + GPS Rocks" :D :D :D

Havent been able to fly any more this week Weather here has been terrible 100 - 143klm/hr Winds and Heavy Rain past few days :(
Jolly-Swagman

Re: My DJI F450 Quad w/Naza M Lite +GPS

Postby cynr100 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Congratulations George, very neat and I like the way you setup the legs as your battery and V-Sens mounts. Top marks for the antenna holders I have been racking my brains trying to sort something out now I have the answer. :mrgreen:
I was using the same Rx on my Disco but was getting strange beeps from the Tx module when past 20m then I noticed the Disco hunting in and out of fail safe RTL. I think the Rx is stuck in range test and I can't release it, I'll do some more experimenting over the week end.
You lot have been copping some crap weather lately, when its gets down to 20kph go fly, the Naza can handle it 8-)

Bummer on the vid :roll: next time eh :!: :!: :mrgreen:

Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:03 am

Mr Biomass you honour us with your presence sir :lol:
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:30 am

looks left..............looks right................... :?:

"Sir"..........who me :?: surely you jest sire :?: :lol: :lol:

Hey Bill, yes I do drop buy once or twice a week, there is not much going and I'm trying to kerb my habit of talking just for the sake :shock: :D

I have succumbed to the dark side of RC Groups :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:43 am

Yes not a lot going on here curbing my urge to reiterate!
Whatever happened to your mate Mr Hallmark by the way.
I notice you haven't been curbing yourself on RC Groups, hundreds of posts !
I have joined that forum but somehow navigation is somewhat difficult and or very compartmentalised so I haven't even posted once.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Hallmark has got a real job and moved interstate, doesn't have much time for the hobby because of the job but operates www.overthehorizonfpv.com.au when he can.

You are right about RCG it is a nightmare to navigate and then it is hit and miss, I stick with the regional Aussie thread as a favourite so I don't have to bumble through the main site to get there.
Have a look at my blog on RCG for my current "project", will be more pics up soon. Just received some CF rods, CF plate and a new QBrain 4in1 quad ESC !!!!!
The QBrain comes standard setting as NiMH and not LiPo, the Chinese do some odd stuff?? apparently the Turnigy program card works on it otherwise it's one of those annoying on/off/on/off scenarios. I've got plenty of time, still off work after my knee operation.
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:50 am

So He's flogging FPV stuff?
Sorry to hear about your knee what did you do to it?

I've just bought (from our local Hobbyking warehouse) the ugly Skywalker X-5 FPV / UAV Flying Wing since I couldn't cram all my fpv stuff into my multiplex twin-star, just hope it isn't as ugly as it looks in the pictures, waiting for the postie right now!
I just added an extra flat mini joystick that comes from some hand held LCD game to the back of my transmitter to control the camera gimbals so I can fly and look around at the same time I hope it'll give more of a 3D effect.
Hope the QBrain 4in1 quad ESC works on lipo's but maybe the Chinese are trying to break us in to the fact we won't be able to get lipo's sent to us by mail they'll have to be delivered by armoured donkey cart, what a load of biomass!

BillGriffiths100

Postby Jolly-Swagman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:33 am

Here was one of my first Videos, DJI F450 Naza M Lite +GPS - Gains Testing, Very Windy Conditions, the weather hasn't been the Best, we have had 100-144 klm/hr Winds and Heavy Rain, So today (October 5th) was at least Dry but still Quite Strong Gusty Winds, so I just wanted to try some settings to see how it faired in these conditions.

http://youtu.be/7UaCGThkLYo
Jolly-Swagman

Postby cynr100 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:31 am

I've not changed any factory settings on my Naza and the first day it flew in 15-20kts, flicked over to GPS mode and watched it sit at a crazy angle holding position.
I have connected remote gain adjustment but it appears to make no difference, probably done something wrong but in reality don't need it.

Oh man just looked at the post dates, sorry guys been wallowing in my own misery :lol: . The knee saga, came down off a ladder and left part of me at the top :oops: result complex tear of the anterior medial meniscus. Not that bad and now back at work driving a desk for half days.

Bill, heard good words about the X5 enough room in there to fit a Doppler weather radar :lol: :lol: , if that doesn't work out for you try the Finwing Penguin (Mr Hallmark is the Oz distributor and I'm sure there is one in the home country :mrgreen: ). It really is a very predictable aircraft with a huge capacity.
The QBrain is on hold, after sorting the problems out with connecting to the KK2.0 board I managed to reverse polarity it, toast :o :shock: :oops:

George are you able to post some pics of your Mixes page, not sure if I have set the mixes right for remote gain adjustment and IOC on/off.

Cheers Dennis
cynr100

Return to Airframes