9xr module issue

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

9xr module issue

Postby magpupu2 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:17 am

my old 9x module do not sit quite well on the 9xr. it kind of bulges on the lower right portion where the pins are. to me it feels that the pins are too long or something is pushing up against the module. i already broken one module where the solder actually got undone because of this. are you guys having the same issue? the only fix i could think of is to cut the tab on the back housing that holds the pcb down. also i am having issues even putting the module in the back of the tx.
magpupu2

Re: 9xr module issue

Postby Robr0924 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:47 am

I have the frsky djt in my 9xr, fit perfect.
Robr0924

Postby ProLine » Sun May 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Over the last year HK had added a raised plastic edge around the module bay pins. This prevents without modification, a Frsky DJT module from being inserted flush with the tx back. The simple fix is to recuse the height of this plastic edge or cut it off flush as it was on the 9x in the past. It poses no damage or operation malfunction as long as you don't cut or damage the module pins.
Take a close look at your 9XR to see of it also had this raised plastic edge around the module bay pins.
I believe the newer Frsky DJT modules have this area opened up to not require this mod to plug it into a HK radio.
Some of this is from memory so your visual inspection using my info may show you what's going on and if so, it's an easy fix we all have done.
ProLine

Postby solentlife » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:41 pm

True ... the pins in the module recess now have a raised plastic mount ... this stops modules sitting in fully. The FlySky module has a recess in that corner to allow it to sit down. I have 2 9x radios ... a factory B Vers FlySky - with no raised plastic and a Turnigy barebones set - with raised plastic. So it's a later addition.
I removed the extra plastic with a soldering iron and my FrSky module now sits in perfectly. The 9xr is I am told the same situation and requires that extra plastic ground away if not using a FlySky module.
Nigel
solentlife

Return to Radios and Servos