FPV backpack PCB build

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Re: FPV backpack PCB build

Postby michaelogri » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:23 am

Hi Cian
A transmitter and a Receiver complete but minus the actual modules £6 plus postage. The Receiver will need the 470uF Caps to be solder on after the module has been solder on.

I can be contacted at:

mike@mlkstephens.co.uk
michaelogri

Postby Undetectable » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:19 am

Hi,
As I didnt find it, could you please tell me if there's a PCB build for a receiver that works with this transmitter?
Thank you
Undetectable

Postby TimJC » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:34 pm

Undetectable wrote:Hi,
As I didnt find it, could you please tell me if there's a PCB build for a receiver that works with this transmitter?
Thank you

Everything you need can be found here, or the link in my signature.
TimJC

Postby michaelogri » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi Cain,
Tim's beat me, but I tried openning his link I can't. In case I will try to attache my brd file that I got of Jim a while ago.
:)
If you want pre-made bar the 470uF Caps attached but included, they were built into my price of 6 UK Pounds! TX & RX. P&P to Minnesota was 3.50.
:D
Mike
No sys wont allow me, email and I will send them to you!
:oops:
Mike
michaelogri

Postby TimJC » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:33 pm

The links to the files are hosted on DropBox. If you are on a company network, it could be getting blocked, which the case where I am. I just tested the links on my phone and they appear to be working fine.
TimJC

Postby Undetectable » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:06 am

TimJC wrote:
Undetectable wrote:Hi,
Thank you

Everything you need can be found here, or the link in my signature.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I also would like to know if anyone has the specific dimensions of both boards. I'm hoping that a local PCB manifacture could make it cheaper.
Undetectable

Postby nitewing76 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:20 am

rappy wrote:
Quadzimodo wrote:Geoman -
You can find the VRX.brd file at https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxPRRsvWkxFaT2lEVVZvT0xoVEE/edit?usp=sharing
J

Any chance you got the VTX.brd file as well? The url to the VTX from Tims pdf only gives me a lot of text, and trying to save it ends up in a .txt file.

When you are downloading non-zipped/rar'd files for EagleCAD from here or other places (e.g. SparkFun, though OSH Park downloads correctly)...click the link and select "Save As." Then change the "File Type" to say "All Files" then add .vxd to the end of the file name. If you are downloading a schematic, then change the file extension to sch.
nitewing76

Postby Ravenlove » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:01 pm

Bruce,
I don't know how you're keeping track of kit quantities, but add me to the list for 1 kit.
If available I'd be interested in a complete kit with all the bits necessary. The scavenger hunt for components is the part I'm trying to avoid.
I've been following you for about a year now. Where were teachers like you when I was in school?
Thanks for your enthusiasm!
Donation applied!
Ravenlove

Postby michaelogri » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:21 pm

Ravenlove
Check top of page.
:o
I have spare TX and RX pcbs, made professionally to Tim's, I have solderd on all the componets bar the RX's 470uF caps. All you need to do is purchase modules TX5823 & RX5800. Solder them on my pcbs, then solder on 2x 470uF caps (that I will supply) on to the Reciever.
I am selling them at £6 + P&P for both the TX & the RX!!
Priced to recover my costs only!
I did have two pairs working, till I blew one TX, powered up without aerial. Whose the idiot?
:lol:
Can supply pics direct, have tried uploading to forum unsuccessful!
:oops:
Mike
michaelogri

Postby Ray Perry » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:20 am

Bruce,
I downloaded the PDFs of the board and the Eagle Files. Here are my observations.
It seems that the Negative lead of Capacitor C3 will interfere with the proper seating of the Boscam RF Module.
The other thing, There were a couple of nets which had not been routed.
However, I see from the PDF files that they are indeed routed.

Ray
Ray Perry

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks