FPV backpack PCB build

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Re: FPV backpack PCB build

Postby steve8939 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:23 am

Hello, I ordered all the parts for both the FPV transmitter and receiver, the PCB boards from OSH Park. Can you list the legend of which parts correspond to which locations on the boards.
Thanks for a great job on the design and making this available to all of us non-engineers.
Steve8939

Anybody....anybody.
steve8939

Postby michaelogri » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:20 pm

Steve download the Eagle files they are on there or they were on mine. Or check out the home page of rcreviews.com, I am sure they are there. Failing that or you still struggling, my email address is on previous pages, email and I will list them for you!
8-)
michaelogri

Postby Ray Perry » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:56 am

Point #1. I have laid out my version of the FPV Backpack receiver and I thought I was ready to send it to OSH. Then I thought about the 6.5MHz audio sub carrier. Can anybody here tell me if the audio is Amplitude modulated or Frequency modulated. I assumed that it was FM but there is no need to make an FM Demodulator if it isn't necessary.

Point #2. The only information I can find about the receiver module is that it will work from 3.3 to 5.25 vdc. Is this true?

I really don't want the smoke to get out.

Thanks
Ray
Ray Perry

Postby Bill » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:11 am

Hi Ray,

If you are using the RX5808 receiver module, then I am pretty sure that the audio demodulator is incorporated in the RX5808 module.
If I am correct, then some filtering and buffering are all that should be needed, depending on what you will be driving with it of course.
Hopefully, someone with more experience with the RX5808 will chime in soon.

With 12 volts input to my RC305 receiver, I measured the input voltage to the RX5808 module in the RC305 and it was operating at 5 volts.

Hope this helps some...
Bill
Bill

Postby TimJC » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:11 am

I run my RX board off a 5v UBEC.
TimJC

Postby Trevor Hawkesford » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:32 pm

Hi.got all the conponants to build you camera backpack but can't get old of the pcb ,can you give me an outlet address or can you send me one ,many thanx you demos vids are awsum mate,may all you landings be soft one.
Trevor Hawkesford

Postby TimJC » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Trevor,
You can find all the information you need on Bruce's page for the FPV backpack at http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/fpvbackpack02.shtml. Download the "Schematic and board layout (Zipped EagleCad format)" file from that page and you can use the contained .brd file to order the PCB from OSHPark.com.

Alternatively, you can order my modified design of the video transmitter directly from OSHPark using this link (https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/Xg3iVsOQ) and the video receiver from this link (https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/gBLFd1Xe). More information for my designs can be found at the link in my signature below.
TimJC

Postby TimJC » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:23 pm

steve8939 wrote:Hello, I ordered all the parts for both the FPV transmitter and receiver, the PCB boards from OSH Park. Can you list the legend of which parts correspond to which locations on the boards.
Thanks for a great job on the design and making this available to all of us non-engineers.
Steve8939

Anybody....anybody.

I know it has taken two months, but I updated my document with component locations (see the link in my signature). The locations are bracketed in red, like [C1, C2], and should correspond with the silkscreen on boards ordered from OSHPark.
TimJC

Postby Ray Perry » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Bill,
Thank you for the information,

Ray
Ray Perry

Postby Eskibrew » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:50 am

Just want to say thanks to TimJC for his OSHPark boards. I've just ordered them - not sure how long they will take to get to the UK but it is certainly easier than me digging out the ferric chloride! Need to order the other stuff now 8-)
Eskibrew

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks