Video link and RC link on the same frequency

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Video link and RC link on the same frequency

Postby tieman » Thu May 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi.
Forgive me if my question is a "lame" one, but why I can't use the same frequency for those 2 links.
I know a little about radio waves, but Video has one link on one channel. RC control usually uses Frequency-hopping spread spectrum so it uses multiple channels.
I don't know if it will be a good example (since WiFi have a digital signal) but WiFi networks uses the same frequency and there can be multiple of them in the same area.
tieman

Re: Video link and RC link on the same frequency

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:57 am

The radio control may still work but it will trample all over the video signal, plus the video signal doesn't hop so it sits in a slot on the band occupying all of that slot.
Also the proximity of a strong signal on the same band in the aircraft will severely limit the range of the radio control
Won't be popular with older spektrum dx users either as it will have the capability to swamp the two frequencies they use completely.
So not a good idea!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Return to FPV