Turnigy 9x in stock at HK...

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Turnigy 9x in stock at HK...

Postby MajorTom » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:05 am

For about 2 hours I think. Over a hundred to begin. Now only 37 total!! ACT NOW!!!!
MajorTom

Re: Turnigy 9x in stock at HK...

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:15 am

Yes, I saw that.

Those little Chinese maidens with their soldering irons and piles of parts on their kitchen-tables really don't seem able to keep up with demand for this radio.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby MajorTom » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:23 am

lol!! Now it is down to 13. I backordered mine over a month ago. One of the admins on the forum said that they were going to throw in a set of NiMH batteries in with the deal, for the back orders anyway. Can't wait till I get mine. Very glad I paid for EMS. Last time I used EMS the entire order time was 3 days!! I was shocked. I live in California, quite a ways from China for sure!
MajorTom

Postby MajorTom » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:37 am

MajorTom

Postby MajorTom » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:41 am

MajorTom

Postby MajorTom » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:44 am

All gone... Backorder now to wait a month! But seriously, totally worth it. There is not much that could ever be wrong with it I could not fix myself. I am planning to crack it open for a soldering joint quality inspection, and installation of a programming header for that Thus' firmware before it ever flies anything!
MajorTom

Postby crampy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:37 pm

Yes. I ordered two of these about two days ago knowing they were coming in stock. My order has been processed and shipped as of today. Great stuff. No waiting for me.
crampy

Postby MajorTom » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:45 pm

Processed and shipped!!!!!!! WTH! I ordered mine over a month ago. Still "processing". I feel like 10 for complaining over what amounts to a toy, but....
MajorTom

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:52 pm

I find it interesting to hear that in other forums, owners of "brand name" gear regularly castigate the 9X for its weaknesses and say they'd never trust their models to a cheap Chinese transmitter.

Some of these people are the ones who have had to endure ZGUIDs, faulty power-switches, frayed stick-wiring, botched firmware updates and other issues with their "expensive" radios that cost as much as ten times as much.

The 9X is a cheap radio and lots of folks don't need a JR11X or a Futaba 14MZ, they just want a basic 8-channel 2.4GHz radio that (if they're lucky) works well enough to do the job.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby MajorTom » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:02 am

Small minded people (no matter how talented), can be easily duped into the ferocious brand loyalty. I guess it's not just brand loyalty, but class loyalty. If I were rich, I would still by the 9x, just 10 at a time! This radio is going to be my only radio, for as long as I can make it. I have seen lots of Chinese stuff lately (not just toys), and let me tell you they are getting very good at this. So to hell with the big brand names for me. I just hope a whole market for computer radios will open up. New fantastic 12+ channel, bulletproof, waterproof, etc. Stuff the "Big Guys" never would have gotten around to do. Features unimaginable, until recent CHEAP micro-controllers, memory, etc. Could be very exciting, and CHEAP! I just hope there are enough smart people to shut out the noise and make decisions as to what to buy based on REAL TANGIBLE comparisons, and not just falling for the catchiest new "do nothing" feature. If It works, it works! (And if it doesn't, fix it!)
MajorTom

Next

Return to Radios and Servos