turnigy 9x transmitter can't change mode

Helicopter-specific issues relating to the electronics in your bird

turnigy 9x transmitter can't change mode

Postby nitti » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:20 am

I received my radio today and was finally able to bind it to the rx but am having a problem with another feature. I ordered a mode 2 radio and it seems i cannot make it stick. also on the main screen it shows mode 1. am i doing something wrong?

thanks in advance.

brax
nitti

Re: turnigy 9x transmitter can't change mode

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:24 am

The "Mode 1" on the main screen is actually a bug -- it should read "Model 1" and has nothing to do with the transmitter mode -- it simply shows the model name you have selected from the model-select menu.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby nitti » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:31 am

Thanks for the quick response, it is getting late and i will play with it some more tomorrow. i know i will have more questions so thank you for your help.

brax
nitti

Postby nitti » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:50 pm

ok, i am back again with a few more questions. I was able to program the tx with the initial settings prior to centering the servos and installing the servo arms. I am using HXT900 servos for everthing but the rudder, but when i power up the tx then the heli, the servos don't center, the wag back and forth rapidly until i unplug the battery. i used finless bobs video for the initial tx settings, but need a little help here.

thanks again
brax
nitti

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:17 am

That sounds rather odd. Is the receiver bound to the transmitter properly (ie: is there a stead red glow from the LED in the receiver)?

What battery/BEC are you using -- if the receiver battery isn't fully charged or the BEC is too small then you'll get the symptoms you describe.
RCModelReviews

Postby nitti » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:45 am

i was able to figure it out, I needed to change from pcm to ppm and that solved it. got the servos centered and am moving ahead. on a side note; i read your excellent how too on the battery mod, but was wondering do you have a comment about using this pack?

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/stor ... oduct=6955

thanks

brax
nitti

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:32 pm

nitti wrote:i was able to figure it out, I needed to change from pcm to ppm and that solved it. got the servos centered and am moving ahead. on a side note; i read your excellent how too on the battery mod, but was wondering do you have a comment about using this pack?

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/stor ... oduct=6955

You could use that pack, it'd work just fine. Unless you were using a module with a switching regulator (FrSky, FlyDream) all of the energy from the third cell would be wasted as heat though.

Still, lots of people are using them without any issues.
RCModelReviews

Postby nitti » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:19 pm

Bruce; thanks for your help. I am slowly muddling through the setup with the radio and hoping to find a "dummys" guide. I set up another 450 with a exceed 6 channel radio, and used a guide i found @ mikeysrc.xxx. i was hoping someone did one like that, even i was able to follow it without trouble and get the heli able to fly.

brax
nitti

Postby stevewashere » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:50 am

nitti wrote:Bruce; thanks for your help. I am slowly muddling through the setup with the radio and hoping to find a "dummys" guide. I set up another 450 with a exceed 6 channel radio, and used a guide i found @ mikeysrc.xxx. i was hoping someone did one like that, even i was able to follow it without trouble and get the heli able to fly.

brax

If you find one can you let me know, Im at a loss for setting this up with my 450 its 2 steps forward 3 back
stevewashere

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:12 pm

I've nearly finished my 9X programming guide (video and webpages) but since I don't have a heli at the moment it's a bit light on heli-stuff.

Maybe I'll have to get a HK500 from HobbyKing. Ah... one problem... $$ :-)
RCModelReviews

Next

Return to Radios, Gyros, Servos